Spring-Springfest @ Vortex April 19th and 20th '08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1 mile over? They are going to be really really busy! LOL! Well, I will just have to set the cruise control! Hmm maybe I need to invest in a radar detector :mooner:!

1 MORE DAY!!! :chicken:

Carolyn:sharks:
Yep, one mile over. And they are pulling people over left and right.

Ok... I called the local state trooper office to find out for everyone here and they are only doing this for Cullman County (North Alabama), but I-65 runs through it.

So anyone headed between the Tenn State line and B'ham on I-65 will be at risk.

Didn't mean to alarm the rest of the folks, but the news reports this morning said for the state. (of course we can't trust the news media most of the time. but then again the woman at the state trooper office could have lied also and be sitting back laughing too....)
I just drove up from Tuscaloosa to Cullman this morning and, even though they aren't doing the Trooper thing all over the state, there are cops lined up all over 65 from B'ham to Cullman and 20/59 from Tuscaloosa to B'ham and they are pulling people over. Not sure about anywhere other than those areas, but the cops aren't just sticking to Cullman County, so be careful wherever you are. Also, in Cullman, they're not just on the interstate, they're all over. And, they're going to be doing this in several other counties very soon, as well. I have a friend who's a cop, so I'll ask him which other counties and when.
See you guys tomorrow!

Hey Kraken,

don't you always get the campsite thats up closest to the water? I think that's #1

Some guy pulled into that spot around lunchtime with a big 5th wheel camper and was unloading lots of bbq grills, dive stuff, canopies, etc. Looks like he's going to be staying a while.... like over the weekend at least...

hmmm.... :confused look:

D'oh! Couldn't resist a good joke after you lost your campsite last time..... Happy late April Fools.

We dont even want to go there again,I hope yoiu are just messing with him,and denise I will be bringing all mt gear should be enough to outfit a few divers.It took 2 hours to get the canoe strapped to the truck but it should hold now,really wished I would have put that quart of oil in before I ran all the ropes over my hood.:confused:

I can see the Kraken chasing people around with a stew paddle - LOL! :D

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
That is how the BAD JU JU started last year!

Well, I think Shane should be able to get this straightened out before tomorrow! :pray:

JUST A FEW MORE HOURS! :chicken:
Carolyn:sharks:

We dont even want to go there again,I hope yoiu are just messing with him,and denise I will be bringing all mt gear should be enough to outfit a few divers.

Thank you so much!!! We should be arriving around 9pm Friday night. I hate we are getting there so late but it can't be helped. I bought one of those big lights to use to help see how to set up the tent, but we can dive when everyone gets there. We can set up the tent after the dive if everyone is ready to go. I am excited!!! See everyone tomorrow night!!:D

I drove through Cullman County on I65 last night and saw 6 troopers with people pulled over in about a 12 mile stretch. I also saw 2 in a 1 mile stretch on US31, also in Cullman Co. Did not see the first one in the rest of my 60 mile drive. That was last night, So who knows what is in store for the rest of the weekend. Be careful everyone and have some great dives for me.

:chicken:Ok Woodchuck chuckers! Spring-SPRINGFEST Has Oficially Begun!! :chicken:

I am leaving Savannah now (930am) and should be there well before 4pm! I definitely want to set up camp before I get into the water! I can't wait to see everyone!!!!

Happy diving with my friends!
Carolyn:sharkS:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom