Spyderco H1 rust proof non-folding scuba knife.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Have been in contact with Spyderco about updates regarding their progress in developing a scuba knife made out of H-1 that is non-folding. Should be out first part of 2007. Here are her emails from today.:D

Hello Scott,

Greetings from Golden, Colorado.

Thanks for your email. We are finalizing a Spyderco fixed blade scuba design. The knife design itself was fairly straight- forward but we’re now working on the sheath system. Developing a sheath that snaps the knife left or right-handed and at waist or shoulder level has been harder than we ever imagined.

I spoke with our engineering department about it last week and hopefully we’ll see a final design in the early part of 2007.

I’ll keep you updated and once we have public images Sal (Spyderco’s owner) or I can post them on scubaboard.

Thanks again,
Joyce Laituri
Spyderco Public Relations/Marketing

Hi Scott,

Total length is under 3 inches are we’re working on a Sheepfoot (rounded tip) blade and also a pointed blade. It will be H-1. Dual lanyard -ne behind the cutting edge and another at the end of the knife.

Thank you also for the sheath images. I forwarded those to our designers. We’ve prototyped several sheaths with spring-loaded pushbuttons. One of our challenges is to make all sheath components (springs included) rust free as well, out of H-1 or titanium.

We’ve been pressuring our R&D team to have a pilot prototype before the scuba industry show DEMA, which happens in November.

Thanks for your input.

Joyce @ Spyderco

I will email her again and maybe if enough scuba board members are interested maybe we can get a discount?

Who is interested?

stangscuba98a:
I will email her again and maybe if enough scuba board members are interested maybe we can get a discount?

Who is interested?

I.

Me too.

Anything new happening with this knife?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom