SRP Tray / Dive Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You may want to check out this older thread where one of my friends has a few other lights he has tested, I remember another thread after that with more lights as he has tried out most of the affordable underwater video lights, I just cant find it atm lol.

GoProUser.freeforums.org • View topic - Underwater lighting for hero 2

For daytime use just dont expect miracles unless unless your willing to buy them :D That is why I prefer a good filter rather then spend $1000's on lights that will give me maybe an extra 50cm of daylight range for very big dollars.

I cant see GoPro users going for the high end lights as if you went that way you'd likely look for a better underwater camera first up, but also if you do go the better lights now you could always use them down the track but the GoPro wont do those expensive lights much justice. But at the price point of a good GoPro setup to get a significant jump in quality you really need to multiply the price a few times, so if your not willing to spend that sort of money just enjoy the gopro and filters, maybe some nice low powered video lights for night dives and penetrations.

The beauty of the newer lower priced cameras is that you can get started with some pretty cool underwater video setup at much below the cost of just a housing for a bigger camera. These mostly sell between $1500-$3000 just for the housing, then add a camera, lenses and after that money has been spent you'd be silly to cheap out on the lights.

A pretty big difference there for sure, final video quality will be much better on the proper underwater camera setup but you can get some pretty decent video at a much lower cost going with a GoPro or other cameras in that range these days.

ah marty.. yes.. i forgotten about this thread... good job by suryaprihadi on the pictures..
in that thread i also found a sample of two sola 600 lights at night taken by you. i think i am happy with that result. is that using the srp tray?

I am close to ordering one :)

The sola 600 is now obsolete but you might still find deals
I would check the inon le700 at $219 is a bargain
Alternatively the sola 500 is the smallest flood from sola

yeah i koe. i got a pair for really cheap.. so i am happy.

So would it be better to run two Sola 1200 photo lights or two of the iTorch Pro4's with the GoPro for photos and video?

The sola 600 is now obsolete but you might still find deals
I would check the inon le700 at $219 is a bargain
Alternatively the sola 500 is the smallest flood from sola

With the 500s they must be the photo version as they are the flood lights, the regular sola 500 is a narrow beam. Most of the newer Sola models come with both flood and narrow beams I think.

Back
Top Bottom