ssi closing facilities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abnfrog

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I heard on another thread that ssi is closing some of their facilities ? is that true ?

there are no SSI offices in Canada that i know of. there are dive shops of course. which ones are you referring to ?

Not that it is up to date but their web page still lists a number of Canadian shops and lots of US shops. My LDS which is SSI is open and staff seems happy.

SSI is taking shops out of the PADI family according to what I hear / know.

SSI is taking shops out of the PADI family according to what I hear / know.

PADI Family?? Unfamiliar with that.

Nonetheless what I was told by a shop owner who switched. I have no link to any hard data on what is or is not happening.

Ok. PADI instructors can be freelance or with a shop. Some shops offer both SDI and PADI. But SSI, at least as I understand it, instructors are shop affiliated. Just as there are some advantages with PADI in terms of advertising, etc., I have heard statements from instructors and others that seem to suggest that there can be advantages to being affiliated with SSI or SDI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom