St. Andrews Jan.-Feb. seek buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'll be in Destin continually Jan. & Feb. and seek a buddy to dive the St. Andrews Jetty in PCB. Haven't checked the tide tables for the rare high tides then but will do so. If interested drop me a PM ("conversation") and we can be in touch and exchange contact info., then I can contact you when in Destin after Jan. 1 Thanks.

You might try the Emerald Coast Scubaholics Club facebook page - Scubaholics | Facebook
I know a lot of their members have dove the jetties often.

I'd be interested in diving the Jetties, but I haven't done them myself yet.
Thanks. I'll note your reply and PM you after Jan. 1. Looks like the high tides will be in Feb.

Best time to dive it is an hour before high tide. However I've seen vis better after slack tide occasionally. I have a couple hundred dives at the jetties, mostly classes, it's one of my favorite dives even so. I've seen vis 50'-60' at times and I've seen it be 2' even at slack tide, you just never know. Enjoy your dives!

I was there twice. 1st time was good viz and did both the channel and beach. 2nd time just did around the beginning of the jetty to maybe 30' and played around in the Kiddie Pool--poor viz and the buddy I was with didn't want to descend to 70', though I would've elected to descend a bit more to see if it improved.

Feb. 15-18 sees high tides in the afternoon. Anyone interested?

Back
Top Bottom