St. Augustine around Thanksgiving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nrh

Registered
Reaction score
We're going to be renting a beach house in St. Augustine for a week during Thanksgiving. Family obligations and time restrictions are going to prohibit us from leaving to go dive any of the springs (or make a Keys run - dammit!), so I was hoping to find an operator that would still be running in late fall out of St. Augustine. So far my research seems to show that everything there shuts down in September!?!?! Does anybody know why? Do the conditions really get that bad? I've never hit the salt water that far northeast. We won't have time to make a trip down to Daytona either, so it's really going to be a two tanker out of St. Augustine or nothing. Thanks.

Jax is 1/2 hour N and there will be 2-3 charter boats still runnning trips maybe more.Most depart 7-8 am and return by 2-4 pm for 2-3 tank dives.Most but not all charters in Jax allow spearfishing

well, the problem with Jacksonville and St. Augustine in the winter is that northeasters tend to blow something wicked, and pick up the waves

even if the operators say they'll go out, it's really day to day due to weather.

you can drive up to Jacksonville and dive with Atlantic Pro Divers if they are still going
out off-season (they were last time i checked)

Thanks y'all. I wasn't familiar with anything in the area with the exception of some of the springs. We'll check out Jacksonville. I appreciate the input.

PS... Sorry for sticking this in what I guess was the wrong spot. I'm still learning my way around. :)

atlantic pro dive runs a boat out of mayport inlet about 1 hour north of st aug and jax scuba center has their boat there at their shop about 30 min north of st aug.

like others said, both should be running charter but weather will be day to day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom