St. Bart's (Bath's) Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Howdy all--Got an opportunity to go to St. Barth's with friends who already booked a place, but they aren't divers. They just love the island--they have a great villa, and we'd love to go, but since we haven't been diving in a while, we of course want to dive. We only have to pay the airfare, so it's hard to pass up. Any good diving on St. Barth's? There seem to be a number of operators there too--any suggestions on who to use? Trip is planned for December '03.

We've been diving on Curacao and Turks and Caicos together and my husband's been diving Puerto Rico, the Caymans and the Bahamas--how does it compare to those?

Thanks for the help.

and can be expensive.

St Barth's is not know as a premier diving destination, but it does haev some nice reefs. In my passes through that area I did a few dives near the rocks outside Gustavia harbor.

Maybe it was just luck, but I recall quite strong surge on a few of those dives. There was some nice reef action with one really cool note - whale songs heard throughout one dive. Never saw them, but it was unmistakable.

If you go to St Barth's, you must go to Club Le Select - the apparent inspiration for Cheeseburger in Paradise. I had some nice nights there with an active dance floor (well patio really) and some great music.

Katrinka80 once bubbled...

We've been diving on Curacao

I'm going to Curacao for two weeks in a week. Any suggestions for dive ops and restaurants? Already have lodging. thanks
TEdJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom