St Catharines Area Dive March 28th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey there Chris,

We're a pretty easy going bunch down here who can't go a week without getting wet. Saturday would be a good night for you and your buddies to come out and play some glow in the dark mini-putt. The only rule is that the person with the highest score has to buy the first round.

If you're interested in the charter for this weekend let me know and I'll be glad to send you the details. We plan on diving the Tiller wreck in lake Ontario and have some room at 10am still Saturday morning.

We get a little long winded in the hopes that finally SB will grant us our own section - with a thread entitled "Ask the OCAR" Wonder who that could be?

FYI Scuba_Steve - you'll never kick Teazer's butt in darts. Didn't he crush you last time throwing with his wrong hand? Gotta love the double bull.

Can I wear my new wetsuit????? I'm sure parts of it will glow in the dark?

Chris we really are a fun bunch...just a little twisted sometimes...but that's a good thing....right????

DiveMistress2:
You, twisted? Never would have known.. :wink:

aha....a girls gotta have a secret or two right...ok its killing me - what the heck does OCAR mean...can I have a little hint????

Just out of curiousity, you guys must be getting sick of diving the Tiller??? Really now, how many times have you dove it in the last 2 months.

Thought I would let you know, Sean and I are talking about going up to Rockport to do two dives in Rockport then heading over to Kingston to do the Stacked Hulls. If anyone is interested "all are welcome".

Hey Scuba Steve, about the club deal... it's kinda of a tough one. I really do enjoy seeing everyone which is really the only reason I was interested in the first place, to just socialize somewhere other than the shop. Kim had actually decided long before all the controversy not too join. She didn't feel that we needed to join a club to do something we're already doing and something about the this four years of university costing her $160,000, not including the last four years, so she's being kinda cheap for some reason!!LOL I was really on the fence about joining just myself. But the fact is most of my trips are booked for the summer and it aint gonna be a cheap year. Kim and I did join a club our first year of diving, the Fort Erie Underwater Recovery Unit. We found that it was money wasted. Their itinerary was not what we had in mind. They hardly dove. We were just looking for new people to dive with. Since then, we found those people and you all are included in that. Len, Serge, Herb, Slushie and I talked before about doing an official club before this one was formed. We decided not to because it was something we were already doing without any strings attached or any of the politics of it and I'm going to stick with that. Besides the bylaws of the club say I can't go past 130' on a club trip and that no technical diving is allowed on a club trip, you and I both know I could never adhere to this.

For the record I did try to show up to the meeting that was change to a Friday, month before last I think, and it was supposed to be at M.T.'s, I showed up and no one was there. I guess the location was changed to John and Natasha's but I was told it was still at M.T.'s. Shift work does sometimes get in the way but it pays for the toys.

Don't forget, Rockport this weekend, any takers???

Gatorboy

gatorboy:
Just out of curiousity, you guys must be getting sick of diving the Tiller??? Really now, how many times have you dove it in the last 2 months.

Thought I would let you know, Sean and I are talking about going up to Rockport to do two dives in Rockport then heading over to Kingston to do the Stacked Hulls. If anyone is interested "all are welcome".

Hey Scuba Steve, about the club deal... it's kinda of a tough one. I really do enjoy seeing everyone which is really the only reason I was interested in the first place, to just socialize somewhere other than the shop. Kim had actually decided long before all the controversy not too join. She didn't feel that we needed to join a club to do something we're already doing and something about the this four years of university costing her $160,000, not including the last four years, so she's being kinda cheap for some reason!!LOL I was really on the fence about joining just myself. But the fact is most of my trips are booked for the summer and it aint gonna be a cheap year. Kim and I did join a club our first year of diving, the Fort Erie Underwater Recovery Unit. We found that it was money wasted. Their itinerary was not what we had in mind. They hardly dove. We were just looking for new people to dive with. Since then, we found those people and you all are included in that. Len, Serge, Herb, Slushie and I talked before about doing an official club before this one was formed. We decided not to because it was something we were already doing without any strings attached or any of the politics of it and I'm going to stick with that. Besides the bylaws of the club say I can't go past 130' on a club trip and that no technical diving is allowed on a club trip, you and I both know I could never adhere to this.

For the record I did try to show up to the meeting that was change to a Friday, month before last I think, and it was supposed to be at M.T.'s, I showed up and no one was there. I guess the location was changed to John and Natasha's but I was told it was still at M.T.'s. Shift work does sometimes get in the way but it pays for the toys.

Don't forget, Rockport this weekend, any takers???

Gatorboy

We could say the same thing about the welland canal now couldn't we? How many times can you dive it?

The beauty of having missed out on a lot of diving last year and all of this year is that I get to discover all the local sites again :) Frenchmans creek, chippawa, train bridge, navy hall (i'e only done this one once or twice.. lots of mileage left..). Not to mention the Tiller and I might check our the new drop off in Burlington 'cause it sound like fun..
Commuting to Rockport doesn't appeal to me.. diving is awesome, but its a long drive.. in my opinion not worth it for a day trip. I still have to experience toby.. missed it every year since I started.. with any luck I might get to dive vancouver again this year and florida is already booked..
I don't have any long range plans.. I go when the oppertunity presents itself. Since I am basically starting over, the added bonus is that I can now rediscover all those wonderful places with Maggie. So many more people to meet and places to see.. Besides, I still have to many other things to do and take care of.. At the rate I am going it'll take me a while before I run out of places for rec. dives.. maybe then I'll start thinking about tech stuff.. I would like to get my wreck cert this year, but I don't think its in the cards.. no rush.. there is always next year.

Well Gator, you can do what I do. Do my "Rec" stuff with the group, which, by the way is the most fun you can get, and then I do my "Tech" stuff with others.

There's certainly no strings attached for anybody. How can you get 130+ on any trip we have? You can't, so it's a mute point with regards to the "rules".

I've already got I can't tell you how many Rec trips with the group, and I can already count at least 5 "Tech" trips including the salivating Empress again this year. My dive buddy will be none-other than DiveMistress2 for that one :)

Yes, I agree with Divemistress, how sick of the canal and rock-walls can you be? Don't get me wrong, I do a rock wall or two every year, but it's just for depth, and really, it's boring as hell for me. Point me to a wreck down there, and I'm with ya.

We're having a great time doing stuff on the Tiller, and other sorted events, as of yet undisclosed :)

I still don't get the controversy part. Who's complaining? I'm sure you read my earlier post today. Dan and Joe were there last Monday. We're neutral (Or should I say we strive to be neutral). no-one around here is pooping on anyone for going here or there. It's our own choice, end of story. Everyone does as they wish in that department.

The club is a great way to keep everyone in touch and it probably gets and keeps people diving, that would otherwise not be. Sure, you, Dave, D/Mistress, myself would still dive regularly, but some of the others wouldn't, and would be lost to the non-diving world, after a brief foray, and this keeps some of them going. The annual cost? Maybe 3 nitrox fills? Big deal. Somebody just won 5 free fills last night, and another won a reg bag. yeeehaaa, they're in the black!!! Sweet.

Oh yeah, you guys do deep air, so that's 6 fills for you....tehehehhe. Yeah Gator my bud, even though I choose not to sign up to the other M/Brd, I still read it on occassion. hehehehe I see the M1 thread is still alive and kicking, only thing is, the only people on it now are the "Yes" men. hehehe

See ya somewhere near Rockport this weekend pal! I'll be the one with the free-flowing P.O.S. Mk25AF

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom