St Catharines Area Dive March 28th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

on the greens and black lights.....hhhmmmmmmm.....was I suppose to be somewhere this weekend that no-one told me about?

Last night's meeting!

You guys still hanging out with us or what?

Scuba_Steve:
Last night's meeting!

You guys still hanging out with us or what?

oh ya....but welding classes don't end until the 26th...been at it since Jan .....

Yeah, but even when we've changed the date to accomodate with your class, I haven't seen you. (Not that I'm riding your butt or anything, but I like to get abused in person once in a while.)

Maybe when you're done with the class, you can come over and teach me with my new MIG. No doubt you're better at it than I am. I haven't done it in 10 years! No I'm not kidding! I always found "stick" to be easier. Now I suck at both equally.

(Well, not as bad as OTE, I've seen his slop)

tehehehehe

One word. Penetration.

I'm talking welding here.

Steve ;-0

Scuba_Steve:
Yeah, but even when we've changed the date to accomodate with your class, I haven't seen you.

OK.. Time for me to jump in.. This is getting silly, and I'm getting pissed.. location was changed once, and I did appreciate that, unfortunately I was involved in an accident and in absolutely no condition to drive or socialize. starfish stayed with me to keep me company and cheer me up.
BTW, I explained the situatuation to the club emperor. If you guys can't it through you wetsuit hood encased skall that some things are more imprtant than diving, get stuffed..
besides, I don't want to be assicialted with a dive club that starts a pissing contest every two weeks..that was not the point. If I need entertainment I'll find it myself...
I've been quiet since I resigned my position, and all I ever hear is people talking about me behind my back.. I can really do without all the politics..

Like I said the week of the meeting to the parties that be - Sparky's more important to me than a club meeting - even though the club pres thought I should attend the meeting without him..after all just cause Sparky couldn't go didn't mean I couldn't....like it was my only chance to drive all the way to Grimsby. Under the circumstances I felt my place was with Sparky and I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else.

I was not aware that the club had a required attendence either...I'm sure the others who don't regularly attend the meetings aren't slammed for their lack of attending. I mean its a social gathering not a regimented "show up or you're out of my club house" kinda thing. It was unfortunate that our classes were the same day as the monthly meetings but - well - class is more important.

Ooooooh

Who's talking about slamming folks for their lack of attendance.....we just simply miss you guys........

We of course understand Spark's recent dillema, and that was certainly felt by all. Hopefully he got our collective sympathy card.

ya see, we are thinking of you guys! always!

Politics? Not a chance. It's you Spark, your non-politcal nice-guy attitude leaves one with no other feeling than to like you.

Me thinks you guys have a completely different take on the matter than the rest of us. I honestly look forwards to seeing you two....REALLY. Teazer and I, just yesterday, were talking about when your class ended, so we could start to see you again.

EDIT:

I asked the same thing about Gator, and I guess it's his shift-work.

I can't tell you Spark, how many times since the incident I've thought about you, and was glad that Starfishy was sticking like glue to you. We all hope you are doing well, bud.

Steve

Turn my back for a few days and a whole ecosystem has grown up around me...
I'm still transitioning into the area from Toronto and some of my Buddies and I were thinking of diving Saturday.
I'm looking for a more western dive life...having centered in the Lake Simcoe, Kingston and Brockville areas... what's up this weekend? Can we tag along?
or Please make suggestions - back at the end of March the Canals were still iced...
Thanks n'then you folks can get back to the club scene :wink:

Hmmm, St Cath eh Chris?

Why don't you come out and see the "club" scene. It's more than just diving. It's a get out and have fun once (or more) a month. We've done bowling, darts, mini-putt, they're talking paint-ball, skiing (uhm, next winter now), White water rafting etc etc.

It's a real great outing. The very informal meetings last about 3 hrs, complete with food, drinks and tonnes of laughter. We've set up numerous trips all over, already, for this season. They've tentatively a Cuba trip in November, I believe (I'm a nobody so you'd have to ask the Grand Poo-bah what the official scoop is).

I gotta say, I really look forward to the meetings, and when I can't make them it bugs me. I'm dying to do the dart thing this weekend, as I have some butt to kick (again) tehehehe, but alas, I'm gone out of town so I can't. Darn.

If you haven't been out, and want to, just let somebody know and we'll give you the scoop.

We invited, on Monday, both dive shop owners in St Cath to show up. They were introduced (formality) and had their little say. It was a good evening.

AdventureScuba even gave away a Regulator bag, and free air-fills!!!

It pays to belong I guess:) (No I didn't win anything).

We even had the infamous OverTheEdge owner, Jonathan Brooks show up!

Steve

sorry Chris but sometimes we have a habit of yacking it up....we're all a little long winded sometimes. Guess we should have transferred all the club chit chat somewhere else....

welcome to the neighbourhood - look forward to meeting you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom