St Catharines Area Dive March 28th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quote, "We could say the same thing about the welland canal now couldn't we? How many times can you dive it?"

Ya, but the canal is free. Other the ice diving and to test out new gear, I haven't actually gone to the canal with the guys since October and on News years of course. Don't get me wrong, the Tiller is a great dive, but after 20 or 30 times on it, you must want to do something new, which is probably why we travel so much. To mix things up a little.

So what's all this secret mission stuff about?? Inquiring minds are curious!! and yes, that means me.

Hey Steve, what other Tech trips are you doing this summer? When are you going to be done your Trimix?? Who are you using for The Empress. I was hoping to do it this year but I don't think it's going to happen, it's not completely out of the question but I don't think I can afford it. The Superior trip is going to be expensive with mix and all. If I get along with Ray, I've tenatively spoken for a spot for the Guinilda trip next year. I've heard he can have quite the attitude sometimes and that's just too much money to spend and have to put up with B.S.

Cheers

Gatorboy

Hey Chris,

There's still room on the noon charter if you're interested. Send me a PM if you are and I'll forward you the details.

gatorboy:
Ya, but the canal is free. Other the ice diving and to test out new gear, I haven't actually gone to the canal with the guys since October and on News years of course.

I won't go again until they come up with some sort of bio-filter for my canals...the ones in the ears. Almost ruined my Mexico trip that dirty lil canal did.

Uhg

The canal is free........

So is a kick in the jibblies....... :)

As to the Tiller, I hear ya RE: number of dives on it. But, since I get chewed easily, I'm still finding new things i haven't seen before..........or at least things I don't remember seeing :)

The other "Tech" stuff, minus the Empress, are more 1 or 2 dives vs. "trips", per say.

I could be totally out to lunch, but what is the shops dates for the Empress? From my limitted understanding, they don't even have a spot reserved yet. And soon enough, there won't be any to be had.

I've got a long way yet before I'm done the Trimix course. Infact, we're really just starting. It's going to be, to say the least, very informative and highly educational, regardless of whether I'm told to go home and come back next year. Ouch.

Wish me luck, I'll need it. They've got some darn fine candidates, some of who have trained with NTD. I'm definitly the "new guy" on the block.

Steve

Scuba_Steve:
I'm definitly the "new guy" on the block.

Steve

so as the new guy do they make you wear the silly weird beanie hat? no that would ruin your buoyancy...or help it....hhmmmm....

FYI Gator:

As to the Trimix course. Steve Lewis has many handouts/articles etc on computer disk, including OUR understanding of HIS pass/fail process. He also included a past written exam, which I will assume ours will be similar.

I tell ya right now Gator, I would fail this miserably. No Poop. Not even close to a pass. Spending 8-9hrs with him already, in a classroom, was a severely rude awakening for me. I expect the same "wake-up" call during our skills dives as well, as much as I'm dreading it.

Since then, after going over and over his literature, I have, to this point, changed and/or strengthened my P.O.V. on many issues.

Hey Starfish, actually I did just get a new beanie!! No kidding. The kids laugh their pants off when they see me in it.

Scuba_Steve:
Hey Starfish, actually I did just get a new beanie!! No kidding. The kids laugh their pants off when they see me in it.

ok now that's a pic you need to post my friend...come on....lets see it

Sorry, I'm not posting pics of my kids with their pants off.

Ba-dum-pah!

OK, I'm a budding comedian too.

Scuba_Steve:
Sorry, I'm not posting pics of my kids with their pants off.

Ba-dum-pah!

OK, I'm a budding comedian too.

OY! man you need help! LOL......

Back
Top Bottom