St.Criox- 2 days of diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jkimball

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The Frederiksted Pier sounds awesome. With only 2 days of diving should I dive anywhere else (is the wall or wrecks worth checking
out)? If so, what is the recommended combo/grouping of dives? I love macro, but appreciate all diving! I'll be there August 11-15th if that makes a difference in conditions.

Also, for the pier do I need go with an outfit or can I just rent a car and shore dive it?

thanks!

We dove Cane Bay on the north west side of the island. Nice easy shore dive. Plenty of the usual fish. Also got some nice photos of a sea horse at this site. Butler Bay just down the road was nice as well. Dive shops at both this locations. We wanted to do the pier but never got around to diving it. We did check it out on foot one day. A lot of local kids jumping off of it and climbing back up the stairs. Also locals fishing off of it. It looked doable as a shore dive. We were going to dive the wrecks from shore, but there were many locals at the entry point and we were worried about our vehicle being safe. We definitely liked diving in St. Croix and hope to go back. Hope you have some good dives!

Here is a link to good detailed information about some of the shore dives on St. Croix.

http://2dive4.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=51

Also if you haven't set up you rental car yet, we used Judy of St. Croix. Judy was very helpful and put us in a nice AWD Toyota Rav4. She also dives and might be able to give you better info than me. Here's a photo of the pier from the street.

Frederiksted Pier.jpg

Here are a couple from Cane Bay and Butler Bay. Lots of Spiny Sea Urchins in the shallows. Watch your step.

St. Croix 260.jpg St. Croix 204.jpg St. Croix 238.jpg St. Croix 403.jpg St. Croix 221.jpg

2toDive, nice photos. Was pic #5 of the island view taken from the place you stayed at? If so where did you stay. Love that view!

You can do a 2 tank boat with N2 The Blue, about $90. 1st dive to the wrecks, 2nd dive to the Pier. We dove with Jenny, she was a great guide, especially with our son. On the 2nd day you can see the wall. 2 tank shore, guided, with Cane Bay Divers is $65...about 100 yard swim. Or their 2 tank boat was also $90. Anchor Dive costs about the same, 5 minute boat ride. They still took me out even though I was the only one on the boat. Lori was also a great guide. We can't wait to go back!

Brodydog,
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your post. Just been busy! The picture your referring to was taken at Davis Bay. I mistakenly but Butler Bay in my post. We stayed here for two days due to an airline problem. This is the Carambola Beach Resort. It was okay, but not our kind of place. You're right though, the view is fantastic, and the atmosphere was very relaxing. We stayed at a rental house called 2Dive4 (2dive4.net), but it has been sold and is no longer for rent. This was one of the best places, if not the best place, we have ever stayed for diving. I hope we can find another place like this in the future. Check out their website which is still active. Love St. Croix and hope to get back there someday if we can find the right place for us to stay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom