St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada, St. Thomas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thinking about booking the Celebrity Summit for March 16, 2013.

I've done a bit of research and would love to know if anyone here had dived with the following ops or would recommend someone else is any of these ports. Thanks!

St. Croix- St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures
St. Kitts- Prodivers OR Dive St. Kitts
Dominica- Maybe take a family trip to see Trafalger Falls, Titou Gorge, Champagne Reef, and Screw Spas?
Grenada- Aquanauts (anyone know if they pick up cruise ship divers?)
St. Thomas- Blue Island Divers OR St. Thomas Diving Club

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

It's actually Nature Island Divers. They are quite good. Also, for a smaller much
more personalized Dominica diving experience consider AL Divers, on the outskirts of Roseau, a short distance south of Nature Island. You can make your own arrangements with AL because they are not as linked to the cruise ship lines. No big crowds of divers. Good people, very clean operation. They have a web site with phone and email. They would be my preference.

Thanks Agilis, and I was worried about spelling the name of the town correctly. Soufriere is actually located at the southern tip near Scotts Head and thats where NID was located when we were there in Sept 2010. A very small picturesque quiet town right on the water. We dove L'abym which reminded me of Karpata in Bonaire with the winding walls, lots of hard and soft corals and small fish but with these huge diameter barrel type sponges. SI was back on the beach, 2nd dive was Scotts head pinnacle which might be the best dive I've done. There was a good current we had to swim thru to get around the pinnacle, first time I had seen thermalcline other than lake diving. Once on the calm side just a beautiful dive with colorful hard/soft corals and swimthrus. We never dive with the cruiseship we make our own arrangments. $100 for 2 tank dive and we were the only two divers. Later, the divemaster or boat captain also served as the bartender, it was that small and quaint little place.

Kryssa.......You will LOVE Dominica ---& maybe not get back on the ship!!!!.......Be sure & check out my pics from there a couple years ago...In one word-UNBELIEVABLE.........
-----All Dominica sub-albums listed on the right have Dominica in their titles(all the places you mentiones are in there---some with videos)......

Pictures by GEAUXtiger - Photobucket

Here's a pic of Champage reef(video in there too somewhere)to get you motivated......

champagne.jpg

St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures is pretty good :)

so, I may be a bit biased, but if you have any questions about the diving here, let me know!

The only experience I have on St. Kitts is with Pro Divers and would recommend them 100 times over.

Can you tell me a little bit more about your experience with Prodivers? Just tell me a little bit about how your dive days went... Thanks :)

Thinking about booking the Celebrity Summit for March 16, 2013.

I've done a bit of research and would love to know if anyone here had dived with the following ops or would recommend someone else is any of these ports. Thanks!

St. Croix- St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures
St. Kitts- Prodivers OR Dive St. Kitts
Dominica- Maybe take a family trip to see Trafalger Falls, Titou Gorge, Champagne Reef, and Screw Spas?
Grenada- Aquanauts (anyone know if they pick up cruise ship divers?)
St. Thomas- Blue Island Divers OR St. Thomas Diving Club

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Just posted this elsewehere, so have pasted in.
Out of the places mentioned we have done GRENADA and DOMINICA. They are both completely different, but if I had to choose, it would be Grenada. We booked both ourselves and both picked us up from the cruise terminal, took us to the dive sites, did 2 dives and were back on board no later than 2.30pm. We dove with Aquanauts, Grenada. The first dive was 20M / 63ft and second was around 47 feet. We saw the statues underwater - memorial to slaves brought over from africa, plus various other art - look it up on Youtube.
We dove with Nature Island Dive, Soufriere, Dominica. The dives were 27M/84 ft and 17m / 52ft. We saw 5 seahorses and 2 massive flying gurnards on the bottom grass. We also dived near the bubbling rocks.
We have also dived quite a few of the dive excurtions from the ship and found these to be just as good. I usually book all the excursions and any islands not catered for, i do myself. Have a great cruise, we are on a cruise from 1st March P&O Ventura, but will be doing our own as they only do one dive excursion on a 21 day cruise!!........

Divensnooze-

Thank you for the info! Sounds great!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom