St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's the temps from my dives:

7/12 - Gaskin - 67°F @ 58'
7/12 - Lillie - 67°F @ 81'
7/12 - Daryaw - 66°F @ 87'

7/13 - Vickery - 64°F @ 93', 62°F @ 104'
7/13 - Keystorm - 67°F @ 113'

7/14 - King Horn - 69°F @ 92'

Those of you that are diving wet, what wetsuit thickness/ combo do you wear in these temps? I'm thinking a full 5mm with gloves and no hood?

I'm heading up in a couple of weeks and have never dove in water this water this warm without a thermocline...

Thanks,
Austin

Doing our advanced tomorrow in Brockville. Hopefully it's warm enough for our 12yr old son, he's skinny and gets cold easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Doing our advanced tomorrow in Brockville. Hopefully it's warm enough for our 12yr old son, he's skinny and gets cold easily.

He should be fine if he has a good wetsuit, the current there keeps you working which helps! Personally if I am diving wet I have never gone with less than 7mm, and I usually add a hooded vest.

I prefer 5mm with hood, keeps you much warmer!
Have him wear the full suit, he can remove the hood if he wants to.

Thanks! He's got a brand new 7mm he hasn't worn yet, packed our hoods and gloves. Talk about a lot of gear! Taking the work truck, my Impreza just about fits 6tanks and 3sets of gear, forget about any overnight bags....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom