St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shore dive to the Robert Gaskin from Centeen Park in Brockville today.

68F/20C

Still coming up. It was 20.6C on the Daryaw Saturday, 22.8C on Lock 28 / Conestoga last night.

Thanks, heading to Brocville-Prescott area Saturday

The Rothesay was crazy busy Saturday morning. weather was fabulous but visibility was terrible.
Water was warm, no hood or gloves as I was tuning in my sidemount rig.
Thanks again to Shawn for helping me get things adjusted.

Been home for a few and diving daily. The temps are almost tropical in the St. Lawrence!!!! Last nite at Bonnie Castle in the Bay,,,78* F !!! However the vis is only 20-25. May have to invest in a shorty wetsuit!!!

I find a full 3 mm 1 pc works well. (But I dive dry most of the year).
Even in 75-80° I find I get chilled after a couple of dives in a 3 mm.

I find a full 3 mm 1 pc works well. (But I dive dry most of the year).
Even in 75-80° I find I get chilled after a couple of dives in a 3 mm.
I have been using a 3/2 mm and find it works well for a dive like you stated. After and hour or so it does start to not cut it for warmth. I am currently planning a twins dive, 1 1/2- 2 hours under, and will move to a 5 mm for warmth on the longer dive. I have a drysuit but this time of year,,,NO way in these temps.

re-I have a drysuit but this time of year,,,NO way in these temps.

I hear you & agree.
I dive a shell suit, so I just swap out my underwear when the water warms up.
You might find just adding a 3 mm hooded vest to your 3/2 suit is enough for your longer dives.
I always found the water seeping down the back of my neck to be annoying.
I'm 64, slowing down & have dropped 50lbs in the last year & more sensitive to the cold.
I'm also diving side-mount now & prefer not to switch suits as I'd have to re-adjust my rig to fit.

I dive a compressed neo drysuit in the colder temps. While it is quite flexible, and comfortable, I still like my wetsuit "days" and no hood. I also do the sidemount along with twins, back mount, and am playing with smaller tanks in those configurations. Bought a set of LP 50 steels, pump them a mite, bam, 130 or so CuFt . More than enough and with the independent regs, some safety and redundancy. Really like them in the twins, however they do really well in side mount also. Getting tired of moving back and forth with the tanks and rigging so may have to buy two more. As for being 64, I have already passed that and as for slowing down,,Whats the rush???

No rush, but I'm wearing out this body.
I had a very active & competitive youth, & now I'm paying the price.
I have arthritis in my left hip, had right total knee replacement & carpel tunnel issues on the right wrist.
The first two are my main reasons for switching to side mount.
The twin 98 steel's were just too heavy, so I sold them about 5 years ago.
I'm just diving 80 aluminum's now.

I'm in Belleville, just an hr from 1000 island bridge.
Next time you're in the Prescott-Kingston area let me know maybe we get together for a dive.

Back
Top Bottom