St. Thomas / St. John Dive Shops Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coming in on the Caribbean Princess to the port. Would St. Thomas Diving Club and Admiralty be good ops there? If not, whom do you recommend, for a 2 tank boat dive for the day in port? TIA, Steve

I would highly recommend Admiralty Dive. They are one of the best shops on island with a great staff. They also have a lot of sites they go to and I have never been disappointed with them.

I have been teaching scuba on St Thomas since 1981, Coki beach is an easy beach dive, admiralty great wreck dives, Aqua Action, great people and only take 6 on there boat. All the dive ops are for the most part good, they all share the same dive sites depending on there location. Don't let anyone sell you that the wreck at Buck Island is a wreck...it use to be back in the 80s but not any more, its a few pieces of metal on the bottom with some cement bags. I have a small shop on the north side and I only do shore or kayak dives but they are great dives. The only problem is the dives are dictated by weather and range from 40 to 60 feet. Homers scuba and snorkel tours if you care to check it out.

Homer, we dove with you last year and enjoyed the experience. Kayak diving is fun and you have a nice dive spot there on Homer's reef.

I had pleasant experiences with Admiralty Dive center when I did my first open dives. The whole staff are very professional and courteous. I plan to use them again when I return to ST. Thomas.

Last year I dove with Admiralty Dive Center and had a GREAT experience. Highly recommend. Dwayne rocks and all around great crew!

I just got back from a week stay at St Thomas. I went out with Red Hook Dive Center and had a great time. The boat was comfortable, definitely not a cattle boat. Friendly, knowledgeble, and defintely full service. It was my first time there, so I didn't ask for any specific sites, but the ones we went to were great.

Coming in on the Caribbean Princess to the port. Would St. Thomas Diving Club and Admiralty be good ops there? If not, whom do you recommend, for a 2 tank boat dive for the day in port? TIA, Steve

Blue Island Divers is in Crown Bay marina right next door to where the Caribbean Princess docks. You can't any easier than that. Plus they run a great operation with fantastic sights.

I agree with the post re: East End to Charlotte Amalie (Admiralty) - you would end up in rush hour traffic for at least 30 minutes (prob longer @7:30 ish)...plus, the diving is better nearer the East End and around the islands between STJ and STT....just my thoughts...

I'll second what Antietam had to say. Spent a week diving with Blue Island Divers about two weeks ago. They are a laid back easy going operation who put your safety and enjoyment first.

Back
Top Bottom