STA and Cam Bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
OK, i have my wing and BP from deep outdoors and the matrix harness will be here shortly. The only thing i have left to get is a single tank adapter and the cam bands. Does anyone have an recomendations or even better a good source for them.

Dive Rite Express. Recently stainless hinged cambands similar to those used by Scubapro were $15 each.

Will they fit a single tank adapter? I noticed in my DO owner's manual they do not mention using an STA with the Matrix harness. I figure that is an option, I am guessing an STA would make the tank more stable.

Is your D.O. BP slotted for Bands? if so you don't need an STA....

Willer

I like the dive rite polycarbonate sta since it doesn't add any more weight to my already heavy steel 112.

I don't think I'd like the idea of a 'polycarbonate' STA on my rig. Poly DIR approved, ya think?

The back plate is slotted for the cam bands. I was just thinking it my be more stable with an STA. But I can definitely get off cheaper with out one.

I went back and took another look at the palte and it does not have the slots for the cam bands so i will definitely need the STA. Is there any peference to the style of cam bands though. I saw dive rite makes a couple of stainless steel styles which seem to be a good idea but I don't think they will pack well for, which is the primary reason for switching to a BP/Wing setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom