Stage/Deco cylinder attachment on the Surface?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do the same as the others. I load main cylinders myself and have the crew load up both my deco bottles and step in quick. Then adjust on the way down. It really is a pia. That's why I've started trying BM. I can see BM for tech boat and SM for everything else.

I use the Stealth square D rings for initial clip-off of the left and right tanks. I have a second set of D rings about six inches further forward, which places them at the midpoint of my hips. The left one gets the bottom snap of the deco bottle as the last thing I clip off before getting in the water. The left side gets a little crowded while standing up, but things sort themselves out in the water. The deco tank rides at more of an angle and stays below the left sidemount tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Granted I haven't dove the UK, but my approach when boat diving is the following. Just before jumping in, I'll connect the deco cylinders to one another with their top bolt snap and then connect the bolt snap of one to the d-ring on my crotch strap. With one hand on the top of the cylinders to control them, fall in backwards, drop below the surface and stage the cylinders on my harness where I want them. I've used this approach many times with up to 3 stage cylinders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom