Standard 80cft side-mounted tanks for CCR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same here. Been diving the Triton for years and no problem whatever the config.

I am diving the CM O2ptima and dive it dry in cold water. I use the Ultima Dry Glove system and have dove it with two suits. One has the standard low profile inflation button and the other has the slide button. While I prefer the slide inflation valve I don’t have an issue accessing the button in either configuration.

One of the nice things is how many different configurations you can dive it in depending on the dive you are executing.

Same here. Been diving the Triton for years and no problem whatever the config.

Awesome, I use the Ultima Dry Glove system as well. I think I may have my first CCR all picked out. Small, low profile, back mount a single or run side mount. Sounds like it checks the boxes for me.

Awesome, I use the Ultima Dry Glove system as well. I think I may have my first CCR all picked out. Small, low profile, back mount a single or run side mount. Sounds like it checks the boxes for me.

Let me know if you need an instructor that is west coast based. I would love to help. My favorite way of diving it currently is with LP50 “mini-doubles” and a sidemount O2 for deco for the dives up to 60M. It’s really awesome in that style off of boats.

If I understand you correctly you are suggesting not using the 3L bottles at all and just side mounting a diluent and O2. This means that if your diluent regulator fails you have no way to dive the CCR and no way to bailout either. Or if your oxygen regulator fails you cant use the CCR and also have no deco gas.

So no, its not don't this way.

Question for you....
If you lose diluent, why can't you use your CCR. Diluent has one purpose. It's makeup gas to get you to depth. If you're at depth, you don't need any more diluent to ascend.

I could scooter to the end of the gold line at Ginnie and turn off my Dil bottle and complete my exit without bailing out.

Question for you....
If you lose diluent, why can't you use your CCR. Diluent has one purpose. It's makeup gas to get you to depth. If you're at depth, you don't need any more diluent to ascend.

I could scooter to the end of the gold line at Ginnie and turn off my Dil bottle and complete my exit without bailing out.
Noob question here: doesnt that require that you can maintain depth or go shallower? If you would need to go deeper first in order to get out a cave or wreck (never been to Ginnie), you would require dil right?

Edit: never mind, Superlyte did mention "if you are at depth". The last bit combined with a lack of local knowledge trew me for a bit.

Noob question here: doesnt that require that you can maintain depth or go shallower? If you would need to go deeper first in order to get out a cave or wreck (never been to Ginnie), you would require dil right?

Edit: never mind, Superlyte did mention "if you are at depth". The last bit combined with a lack of local knowledge trew me for a bit.

So you can get out of most caves I've dove, but not all. Indian requires you to go quite a bit deeper to exit before you go shallower. But that's not the norm.

So you can get out of most caves I've dove, but not all. Indian requires you to go quite a bit deeper to exit before you go shallower. But that's not the norm.
It might not be the norm for you in FL.

It absolutely is the norm in every Canadian cave I have dove. They go up and down at least as much as they go laterally.

It might not be the norm for you in FL.

It absolutely is the norm in every Canadian cave I have dove. They go up and down at least as much as they go laterally.

If you lose O2, you can always go to SCR mode, so that is moot.
Only having one dil reg is a potential issue though, but having a failure to the point of no gas accessible is nearly unheard of. That said, that's why we do keep redundant dil around

Question for you....

Which end of the line? :wink:

If you lose O2, you can always go to SCR mode, so that is moot.
Only having one dil reg is a potential issue though, but having a failure to the point of no gas accessible is nearly unheard of. That said, that's why we do keep redundant dil around
Based on what I understood from the OP this was 1x 80 of dil/out and 1x 80 of O2 (which I guess would be for both the CCR and deco)

SCR with something like 15/55 is serious business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom