Starting Class Soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattymatt

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are starting Basic Open Water training soon and will both need to aquire masks, fins and snorkels for class. Any recommendations? Looking for something reasonably priced, so we will be able to afford additional gear down the line. Any thought regarding full foot v. adjustable fins? Most of our diving would be in warm water locations (during mutliple trips throughout the year), however we would be doing some diving in NJ waters during the summers here.

Hey glad your starting into diving its a great hobby. I would say as would most other people, go for fit, if its not comfortable dont buy it, snorkels are pretty basic not much difference, just get what the dive shop recomends, for fins I would go for full foot so that you have the option of warm and cold water dives without having to get 2 different fins, for your mask try every mask available at the dive shop they are all going to fit a little bit different so find the one that fits you best, also get the boots that fit the best, some have a stiff sole some dont I prefer a stiff tennis shoe like sole some people like the soft flexible soles.

TRY EVERYTHING ON!!!

Also go ahead and get good gear you will be happy you did, you end up spending more money in the long run having to replace cheap worn out gear.

By the way dont let the dive shop sway your decision on gear, they might try to talk you into buying things you dont need so that they can make some extra money off of someone inexperienced, not all dive shops are like this but some are.

Good luck on whatever you choose, and good luck with your upcoming class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom