Stay At Deep Blue Resort, Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAD Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got back from Utila staying at Deep Blue Resort & had a great time. Steve & his crew of DMs, Matt, Orlando & Jess were the best. Being there to show us all the neat things that each dive site offered, but allowing us the freedom to do our own thing. Which for most of us was taking pictures. Swin the boat Capt. did everything possible to get us a shot at a Whale Shark, but unfortunatly we only got a single chance. Only 2 of us saw it, me being 1 , but camera batteries were dead. The other person who saw it got a decent picture.
Jasmine (Steve's wife) kept us well fed with a wide choice of dishes, & everything I had was delicious.
All the dive sites were fantastic with Black Hill, West End & Stingray Alley being among my favorites. We saw a wide range of sea life including Turtles, Eagle Rays, many Green Morays, & a baby Spotted Moray. Also a White Seahorse which was awesome.
Once I go through all my pics I will put up a gallery with some of the highlights. I took over 400 shots & my camera was down the first 2 days with new housing issues.
So if your thinking about this part of the world I would highly recommend Deep Blue as a operator to use.

Robert A. Duncan

Sorry you guys missed all the Whale Sharks but it sounds like everyone had a great time. Can't wait for the pix!

I second RAD Diver's recommendation. I spent a week with Deep Blue last December. Steve and I did a week of 60 minute dives on a variety of excellent sites. Jassmine fed us well, and I got to enjoy Shirley's company at supper every evening. Had several great shore dives in front of the resort.

Plus, the resort itself is new, clean, comfortable, and in great shape. Nice folks, interesting folks. They treated me like royalty -- you'd have thought I was the only diver at the resort. Definitely a good place to spend a week diving. The freedom to dive reminded me of my favorite Roatan resort, CCV.

Saw no whale sharks the week I was there, but saw so many other neat critters that I didn't even miss them. I actually saw more tiny, tiny juvenile spotted drum that week, than I've ever seen before. In once case, 4 of them -- each no larger than a dime -- swimming figure-8s in a hole in the coral. Awesome.

- Sid

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom