Steel 120's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I visited the Deep Exposure shop while I was there. Apparently, they also have steel tanks available.

Thanks, I was going to ask...
I'm pretty sure Aldora won't pick up at the Iberostar. Something about dock fees.
Do you know if Liquid Blue does? I've seen others wade out just north of the resort. That would be fine with me...

Cheers!
Aldora picked us up at the Grand...once at the pier, a few ties from the beach.

I visited the Deep Exposure shop while I was there. Apparently, they also have steel tanks available.
They do indeed. I have a tale that relates to Deep Exposure and gas capacity during recreational dives.

I went to Cozumel and the mainland intending to do tech and cave diving, but it was soon, perhaps too soon, after shattering my left collarbone and 4 ribs in an accident. I had scheduled the trip for two weeks after the surgeon had predicted I could dive. As the date of the trip approached, though, I was apprehensive due to my pace of recovery, especially the flexibility of the left arm. I was not sure I would be able to reach my left post. I contacted Deep Exposure and discussed my options, and he suggested that before I do any tech dives, I do a day of recreational diving, but while wearing all the tech gear. That way I could make sure I had all the skills I needed. I agreed.

The DM was apprised of my situation, and I sat down for the briefing with the two other recreational divers and the DM, all of whom would be using AL 80s. I would be using double LP 85s (well overfilled) and two deco bottles. I reminded the DM what my situation was and told him not to be alarmed when he saw me switching from one tank to another during the dive--I was just testing and practicing. He understood. He then went over all the signals he would use, including the signal asking us how much gas we had left in our tanks and the signals we would use in reply.

So on our first dive, when we were probably 2/3 through a typical dive time, the DM turned to one of the divers and asked for his gas pressure. The diver responded. He asked the second, and the diver responded. Then he turned and asked me. The "WTF!" look I gave him must have been evident. He got a little angry. He repeated the signal with emphasis. How much gas did I have? So I dutifully pointed to each of the 4 tanks in turn, signalling the pressure in each. Of course, at that point I still had more gas than the 3 of them had together at the beginning of the dive.

He never asked me again.

Thanks, I was going to ask...
I'm pretty sure Aldora won't pick up at the Iberostar. Something about dock fees.
Do you know if Liquid Blue does? I've seen others wade out just north of the resort. That would be fine with me...

Cheers!

I don't know about Aldora, but I stayed at the Iberostar a couple of years ago and the operator I was diving with picked me up directly from the beach there for my dives. No problem.

Aldora picked us up at the Grand...once at the pier, a few ties from the beach.

Thanks!
I will check with them as well as the few others if/when I get back.
I love the house op for many reasons but they fail due to small tanks when it comes to Punta Sur. They make it a 45min dive.

I don't know about Aldora, but I stayed at the Iberostar a couple of years ago and the operator I was diving with picked me up directly from the beach there for my dives. No problem.

Thanks Stuart,
Who were you diving with?

Thanks Stuart,
Who were you diving with?

I would rather not say. I wouldn't dive with them again. I don't have any reason to trash them - nor promote them. I just didn't really gel with their way of doing things. And they only offer(ed) aluminum tanks - AL80s or not-full AL100s (AL100s are not full unless they are at 3300psi, not 3000).

I would rather not say. I wouldn't dive with them again. I don't have any reason to trash them - nor promote them. I just didn't really gel with their way of doing things. And they only offer(ed) aluminum tanks - AL80s or not-full AL100s (AL100s are not full unless they are at 3300psi, not 3000).

I can respect that.

Got to love Aldora...just completed 12 dives, longest being 101 minutes...yes you read that correctly. Will do a few more with them next week as we're moving into town into a BnB home...can't say enough for our DM Juan, one of the most energetic DM I've ever met. He truly loves his profession.

Folks, the pool is open!

Hi,
I'm considering going in Feb. What BnB did you find? Is it near Alfie's?
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom