Steel 72 ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just bought a steel 72 off Ebay that is in near mint condition. Its only hydro stamp is from when it was manufactured in March of 1968. Inside it is rust free and the paint on the outside has only a couple of minor blemishes. The USD K valve is unscratched and looks brand new. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me who made the tank. Its valve neck style is different from my Healthways 72 and, overall, the tank is about a half inch shorter. The serial number is11233DE. Right under that are the letters WK.

Thanks.

WK stands for Walter Kiddie. That is the mfgr.

Thanks. That's what I thought. I didn't know WK even made steel tanks. When I saw the "WK" stamp it kind of surprised me. I double checked for the ICC-3AA2250 stamp. I even clamped a magnet to the tank to assure myself that it is, indeed, steel.

That's funny- I didn't know Walter Kiddie made anything but steel tanks:D

That's funny- I didn't know Walter Kiddie made anything but steel tanks:D

I have seen several WKs that were aluminum. They are fairly easy to spot once you have seen one, the neck area looks different than other makes.

My two US divers tanks are Walter Kid,one is a 1966 and the other is a 1973 vintage.

I would like to find another one like it, if I can get one for a good price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom