Wanted PST Steel 72 "Winebottle" tanks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pat Regan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm buying 1953 - 54 PST steel 72" tanks with the concave "winebottle" base. Prefer USD with the "Rene" stamp but Aqua Lung Inc. tanks are okay, too.

Let me know what you have.

VBR,

Pat

That is a tall order. Those are rare tanks.
I only have two, and you would have to pry them from my cold dead heads.

I'm now curious. What makes those specific year model tanks so special?

Tracy, let me know if you need a place to "hide" your tanks.

I'm now curious. What makes those specific year model tanks so special?
Mostly the rarity. They were stupidly bottom heavy and didn't dive well.
Just a unique part of scuba history.

Ah, ok. I discovered PST HP 120, 3500psi last month, fits my body size quite well. Wasn't sure if it was something like that. Thanks for the knowledge

Yeah, they are just stupid junk; so you shouldn't mind me taking one or two off your hands. But do they really have to be cold and dead? I mean, we could do that if it's what you really want but it's kind of extreme and I'd rather just buy them. Saves me travel time and expenses, ammo, etc. :cool:

But seriously, folks, I'm up here trying to buy some winebottle tanks. If you have a good one for sale, please let me know. :)

VBR,

Pat

C'mon, Tracy. look: you obviously don't think all that much of the tanks; you don't dive them and they are probably just sitting around gathering rust and dust, right? Why not sell at least one to someone who can use it? I just paid $175 plus USPS shipping for a nice ALI. Depending on condition, I'd offer up to that much for your tank. Whatayasay man? I need a little help here. You've got two. Sell me one; or both.

C'mon, Tracy. look: you obviously don't think all that much of the tanks; you don't dive them and they are probably just sitting around gathering rust and dust, right? Why not sell at least one to someone who can use it? I just paid $175 plus USPS shipping for a nice ALI. Depending on condition, I'd offer up to that much for your tank. Whatayasay man? I need a little help here. You've got two. Sell me one; or both.
Sorry, you are correct. I don't dive them, they sit in the corner. Right between my champagne bottom 72s and my triples.
They are actually doubles. Matching set with tapered post valves and a cheater manifold.
But I like them.
If I find more, I will post here, I don't need anymore.

Okay. Where do you live? I'd like to come by and steal.. uh.. look at them. Yeah that's it. I just wanna look at 'em. :wink:

And hey, I know we just connected on the Internet and you don't really know me, but any chance I can get you to leave them to me in your Will when you kick the bucket? :)

Back
Top Bottom