Wanted PST Steel 72 "Winebottle" tanks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyhoo, doesn't look like I'm gonna get Captain Tracy's tanks. I'll try to survive... somehow. Meanwhile, I'm obviously still looking so if anybody out there has any winebottle tanks, please give me a shout. :)

VBR,

Pat

Sorry, you are correct. I don't dive them, they sit in the corner. Right between my champagne bottom 72s and my triples.
They are actually doubles. Matching set with tapered post valves and a cheater manifold.
But I like them.
If I find more, I will post here, I don't need anymore.

Tracy, I (and a couple of my friends following this thread) would really like to see your vintage winebottle duals. Howsabout posting some pics?

Two showing both sides of the whole rig would be nice.

A couple showing the tank stampings would be ideal.

We'd like to see that cheater manifold, too. Is it one of those with a thin stainless tube formed in a circle; or one of those that's basically just a straight tube, by any chance? (I forget what they're called.)

What say, ol' salt? Can we see 'em? :)

Tracy, I (and a couple of my friends following this thread) would really like to see your vintage winebottle duals. Howsabout posting some pics?

Two showing both sides of the whole rig would be nice.

A couple showing the tank stampings would be ideal.

We'd like to see that cheater manifold, too. Is it one of those with a thin stainless tube formed in a circle; or one of those that's basically just a straight tube, by any chance? (I forget what they're called.)

What say, ol' salt? Can we see 'em? :)
Sure, I will dig them out. The cheater is just a US divers straight tube with the thin yoke on each end and the single outlet yoke in the center. It probably isn't period correct for the tanks, it is just how I aquired them.

I have a set of lp72's I'll see what year tomorrow they have good vis and hydro and 02 cleaned
Received your PM and replied. If they have the concave "winebottle" base, I'm interested. Let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

• WINEBOTTLE CONCAVE BOTTOM.png
    WINEBOTTLE CONCAVE BOTTOM.png
    621.1 KB · Views: 73
  • WINEBOTTLE STAMP.png
    WINEBOTTLE STAMP.png
    581 KB · Views: 46
not sure if these are the right tanks and mods please remove if this isn't allowed (posting a link to another site)
but this pair might be what you're looking for? maybe?

Thanks TMurr. The tanks shown at the link you provided appear to have convex bases; not the kind I'm looking for but thanks for trying.

Folks, I need one more winebottle to finish a set of duals I'm building for a 20,000 Leagues event I'm planning for 2024. That's the last set I plan to build and I'm willing to pay more than a good price for a useable vintage tank. Please, if you have one sitting around gathering dust, I have a real need for one. We'll actually be diving it. But it's not going to happen if I don't get some help.

This thread will remain up and if I ever do find one I'll be sure to mention it here.

As for now: still looking. :)

Back
Top Bottom