steve davis memorial plaque at pt lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zimmo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
On a dive on Friday at Pt. Lobos the wife and I found a plaque in the sand for Stephen Paul Davis. Did some googling and figured out that he was apparently a well known and well liked bay area diver who died (not while diving) in 2008. I just wanted to post because I don't think the plaque was meant to be sitting in the sand and figured that someone may want to go put it back where it was originally mounted. A post online I found a few years ago mentioned that it was bolted to some rocks on middle reef. We found it laying in the sand at the far end of Granite Point Wall, at a depth of 65-70 ft.

On a happier note, we had two very nice dives and also got to watch the Carmel fire department play around with one of their boats. They said that it had just come back from the shop and they wanted to make sure it was working. My guess is that it was Friday afternoon and someone wanted to cruise around Pt. Lobos. Can't blame them!

it used to be at the end of a middle reef, on a chain. chain rusted away. you sure you are not confusing places? granite point wall rather far, why would some one drag it there, did you leave it there?

It was at middle reef last November. You can see my buddy (a friend of yours, I believe, Andrew) examining it 2:30 into my video:

it used to be at the end of a middle reef, on a chain. chain rusted away. you sure you are not confusing places? granite point wall rather far, why would some one drag it there, did you leave it there?

It was definitely where I said. I took video of the dive and just checked it against BAUE's underwater map. We left it where we found it. No idea how it got there.

Back
Top Bottom