Stickies--which ones are keepers?

Which stickies are really worthy of staying stuck?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quero

Will be missed
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey there SoCal-ites,

In reviewing "sticky situations" here on SB, we're trying to make sure that any/all stickies in the forums are really sticky-worthy. Many of our stickies are old/outdated and nobody has kept them current. In the SoCal forum, a big chunk of the first page of the post listings is taken up by a long list of stickies.

I see that the one listing Emergency Contact Numbers hasn't been updated in over five years. Do you guys really refer to this sticky? Say, to send people to so they can put info in their speed dials or something? If nobody is using it, can we unstick it? If you want to keep it, can I have a volunteer to update it, please?

Other sticky threads seem to have been used more recently, particularly the conditions report thread, and I'm inclined to leave that one stuck.

For ones like Lost and Found, wouldn't it make more sense for a user to simply post up a new thread when necessary? Why do we need to keep a permanent list of everything lost and found as a sticky? I'm open to hearing good reasons and leaving it stuck if you feel strongly about it.

So that's the sort of thing I'm looking at. I'll add a poll for you to vote for which stickies you would like to see stay stuck. Please vote. If you don't express your opinions in sufficient numbers, then I will have no choice but to simply make an executive decision for each one of them.

Please feel free to post your comments as well. Thanks!

One hundred seventy views and at this point only eight people have chosen to register their preferences. This means that to 162 readers all of these stickies can be unstuck? So-cal forumers, if you want ANY of these stickies to stay stuck, you need to vote to keep them, because 8 people asking to keep at least some of them is not convincing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom