Sticky with NC dive sites (Wrecks)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingPrincessE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was looking for information about NC dive sites (wrecks) and I was surprised there was not a sticky. I found lots of information scattered about in different threads, but it would be great if the information could be condensed somewhere for people new to NC, or who are planning to visit (like myself).

Something like the Mid Atlantic forum sticky: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/mid-atlantic-bottom-feeders/74174-mid-atlantic-bottom-feeders-add-your-favorite-dive-spots-our-directory.html

I saw the charter sticky in the NC section, but something that went over the wrecks (or top 20, 30, 40 wrecks if there are too many to name) would be great. Info such as: where they are, depth, conditions, and experience level needed to dive it.

I saw a lot info on Morehead because people were visiting the area and asking about it…but I don’t know if that is because the best wrecks are there, or just because that’s where most people visit for other reasons. So a full list might help with questions like that.

Just my .02 psi

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thanks for the suggestion Emily. I've made this thread a sticky and members can add to it. If anyone has first hand knowledge of the different wrecks, please feel free to post.

I'm interested in diving Thurs Dec 18th and Fri Dec 19. Does anyone know who might still have boats going out this late in the season? I will be flying into Raliegh Durham. I prefer boat diving but shore diving would also be OK. Any suggestions?

What kind of viz is there for diving up there?

Lastmate - there is no consistent viz. From one day to the next, you could get 100 ft on the sub then the next day its 30. It is quite variable and often the boat caps will query others on viz at a particular site before committing to go to one wreck or another.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom