Still need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcus213

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
The Chairman sent me a personal guide of how to get started w/ forum. Ive searched high and low and I still can not find how to acsess the forum of COMMUNITY. Maybe theres a number I can call? The word community I cannot find i've clicked on everything. Sorry I don't mean to be a bother to anyone.

The Chairman sent me a personal guide of how to get started w/ forum. Ive searched high and low and I still can not find how to acsess the forum of COMMUNITY. Maybe theres a number I can call? The word community I cannot find i've clicked on everything. Sorry I don't mean to be a bother to anyone.
Community Forums are here. It is the last main section when you click the forums button at the top.

Community Forums are here. It is the last main section when you click the forums button at the top.
Found it Steve, thks good sir. I don't why the chairman said i should have posted my question there in Community.I'm brand new to SB & My question was about attaching my Pro plus 4 to the high press hose. It Just looked like to me that a chrome nut to chrome threads on the bottom of my PDC console would not b waterproof, so i asked about if a tiny bit of teflon tape should b used. He said NO TEFLON TAPE. So i connected it "bare metal to metal" and soaked it in a 5 gal bucket of water for and hour and it was dry when i took it apart to inspected it, so thats great! answer solved.I wasn't worried about a connection leak w/ full pressure, i was just scared of flooding my PDC on post dive soaking it in the bath tub! I Love my Oceanic ProPlus 4, Im 59 and cant see, That big bold numbered console/ easy to operate was my dream come true. But man I've had some problems/glitches! I've sent 3 back to Husish Outdoors to b replaced under warranty in the last 2 yrs! I've got a Veo 4 backup now. I want to thank you for ur help. I was just about to unsubcribe w/ scubaboard because it is so Vast & mind bogging/busy. You see i'm not very computer savy and i felt so lost, until u showed up. Now "LOL" when i looked at the COMMUNITY forum section, there's nothing in there that i would even b the least bit interested in! OK last and i'm done. Where should i go to get equipment & tech answers at. Thks bro. Marcus n Lexington NC out.

Found it Steve, thks good sir. I don't why the chairman said i should have posted my question there in Community.I'm brand new to SB & My question was about attaching my Pro plus 4 to the high press hose. It Just looked like to me that a chrome nut to chrome threads on the bottom of my PDC console would not b waterproof, so i asked about if a tiny bit of teflon tape should b used. He said NO TEFLON TAPE. So i connected it "bare metal to metal" and soaked it in a 5 gal bucket of water for and hour and it was dry when i took it apart to inspected it, so thats great! answer solved.I wasn't worried about a connection leak w/ full pressure, i was just scared of flooding my PDC on post dive soaking it in the bath tub! I Love my Oceanic ProPlus 4, Im 59 and cant see, That big bold numbered console/ easy to operate was my dream come true. But man I've had some problems/glitches! I've sent 3 back to Husish Outdoors to b replaced under warranty in the last 2 yrs! I've got a Veo 4 backup now. I want to thank you for ur help. I was just about to unsubcribe w/ scubaboard because it is so Vast & mind bogging/busy. You see i'm not very computer savy and i felt so lost, until u showed up. Now "LOL" when i looked at the COMMUNITY forum section, there's nothing in there that i would even b the least bit interested in! OK last and i'm done. Where should i go to get equipment & tech answers at. Thks bro. Marcus n Lexington NC out.

You'll find there are a lot of helpful folks on Scubaboard. This is just the test forum where an individual can test adding pictures, quotes, color, or whatever to a post. I just happened upon your post since I was testing something as I wasn't familiar with the new layout. You'll also find Classified forums for many of those categories.

Read the main forum headings shown in blue. Below them you will find each category. For example, in the Diving Gear section, there are sub-sections for BCD's, computers, exposure suits, etc. Specific gear questions should be asked there to get the best response.

General questions or discussions about diving are usually in the Explore Diving forum. There's Basic Scuba, Advanced, Technical Diving, etc. categories. It takes a while to absorb everything - there's a lot of info and places to get lost. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom