Stingray kills 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
NOT a diving accident, but due to being stung by a stingray Steve Irwin died today at approx noon Sydney time

im in shock

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20349560-661,00.html

THE Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, is dead. It is believed he was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest.

He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary when it happened.

Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality today at Batt Reef off Port Douglas.

It is understood Irwin was killed around noon, Eastern Australian time.

Wow, that is shocking almity...

Well here in sydney my entire office just fell apart - ladies are in tears and the men are huddled in groups saying they cant believe it

he was a regular bloke - slightly off the planet but he LOVED what he did so much

i remember sitting in a small alaskan bar in Hyder and watching crocodile hunter. this old local guy sitting next to me shook his head and said "he aint all there is he" and we just smiled and said 'nope, he aint all there'

he leaves behind his american wife Terri, young children daughter Bindi and son Bob

This isn't another hoax is it? Steve Irwin's been reported dead before... several times in fact.

Wow, that's too bad. You know his wife is from my neck of the woods. Too sad.

Yes dennis - it hit in the last 15mins, its nearly 3pm sydney time right now so nothing else has been released yet

archman - ive never heard the rumor before but by the reports and reaction it seems to be for real

Yeah all the news agencies are picking up on it--seems real. If so...:( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom