Stopping Silicone Masks from Yellowing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Black and translucent aren't the only colours available when it comes to mask skirts:

ixtapa.jpg cancun.gif
majorcasub.jpg Neptune.jpg

Agree with Walter. I really don't care what color the mask turns (as long as it's not hot pink), as long as it keeps the water out.

Got your problem solved....Get a new mask with a black skirt and you will never have that problem again. If yours has turned yellow it probabley is old and it is time to upgrade anyway.:)

My kid's mask was going brown, and she hinted she wanted (Daddy to buy her) a new one. If you have any "Westley's Bleche White" tire cleaner in the garage, give it a try. A couple of scrubbings with that stuff was an improvement.

I just thought someone may have an easy fix to restore them back into shape however, ultimately, in the end, it really does not matter what color they are as the masks work fine. I found them in protective cases stored in a box of scuba odds and ends I forgot I even had. The silicone is still in great shape but it is a jaundice yellow color that looks kinda crappy. I’ll just keep them for spares or as lend outs to friends/students in need. Thanks for all the replys……

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom