Storms and Flooding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been lucky it sounds. The ground is wet but we haven't had any major amounts of rain. We had tornado watches out last night but as far as I know none spotted. It does look like we are going to get more rain within the hour. Bar the doors Kattie, the storms are comin to town.

Looks like I made a good decision not to go to Gilboa. They are calling for a 90% chance for severe T-storms tonight and the winds are 20-30 all weekend.

Good luck guys and dolls.

Sounds like all of us in KY, IN and OH need to batten down the hatches! I'm also glad I threw in the towel on the M&G. This is not going to be a good nite to spend in a tent! Hope everyone gets through it OK.

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Is 64 really shut down?? My car blew a tire last night and is off the road on Grinstead. I need to go get it

From Fox41 news site,

Jefferson County
Interstate 64 in both directions between I-71 and
Cannons Lane(mile points 5.9 to 10.3); motorists are being detoured via I-264 and I-71

Chad,
If you can get to the shed, disconnect any batteries on the equipment. Powered up electronics don't do "wet" well. As soon as possible after the water is down rinse in clean fresh water followed by 90% or better isopropyl alcohol and allow to thoroughly dry before powering it up. This will recover most ignition electronics. For really bad flooding where you can't get to it to repair it right away immersing items with transformers and internal combustion motors in mineral oil and alcohol until you can get to them will allow most to be recovered and repaired. This trick is especially good for submerged outboard motors, but it takes a big vat.

Good luck. At least you're not dealing with salt water up there.

Fred..

Thanks for the advise. I got to the shed and I think it only got to the deck. I guess I will find out tomorrow if it got in the carb or not. I couldn't try to start it today because the yard was still flooded and the shed is full of gas where the cans got turned over. If it did get wet I will be printing out your post. :D :D :D

Ber,

Not a dirt floor but a wood plank one elevated 2 feet off the ground but the water got about 3 feet over that. based on the water line. :D

landlocked,

Temp and vis etc...

cold, none, turn time and rock bottom are real low in 3 feet of water. :D

I have been pumping water at my great aunts all day and haven't seen the weather so I hope the next round isn't as bad.

So who made it through the night and who is floating down river? Very surprising, I didn't get much rain and it wasn't severe either.

I'm still here...but as I was laying on the couch yesterday, I was wondering if I should have my Reg in my mouth and my BC inflated!

So far they are reporting we had 9 1/2" of rain and there were 9
fatalities. We live on a hilly area so we had no flooding, there was
a pretty good river of water running through the front yard and
street. I've spent the morning working on honey-do's so I've not
made it out to see how bad the town got it!

As long as the Purnell's factory didn't get damaged Chris, everything is good in my life. :D

Back
Top Bottom