Storms and Flooding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lex didn't get hit last night. It went east of us. I am hearing that Eastern KY got some strong storms last night though. I am glad it seems everyone faired well.

Chad

Land Locked:
Did you get your car???

Yeah, but it was a total PITA!! They had 64 closed, so we had to go down 71 to Zorn and cut up through there.

We got nailed pretty good down here too. The news was reporting that there were some areas that recieved 13" of rain. There is also a confirmed report of tornadoes stiking just south & east of Owenboro. They caused moderate damage to buildings, homes & flipped a semi over. I was working Fri. night & the storms wreaked havoc on us there. We had to evacuate to storm shelters one time & then a power surge shut the entire mill down. If this is any thing like the flood of 2000(yr???) then the worst for us, is still yet to come if the Ohio decides to fill up & leave its banks. Is it my imagination or is this one of the wettest summers we've ever had?

It has been a wet year as far as I can tell. The news started touting
this as the worst flooding since 1997, I think they backed off from that one.
They say the Ohio river will not rise much more than a couple of feet so they
are not going to install the flood gates downtown.
Sorry to hear you can't make Mermet, maybe next time!

We lucked out at home...probably less than a half inch of rain. However, my inlaws didn't fare so well (they live in Mayfield). They estimated that they got 12.5 inches (their rain gauge didn't hold that much). The creek that runs through their farm came way up and they lost 50,000 week old chickens. Fortunately it didn't get in to their grain bins which they had nearly filled with the corn they had cut. So it could have been worse but it was still pretty awful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom