Storms and Flooding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ckharlan66

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you are all fairing well.

My yard is under about 2 feet of water and my shed (with my commercial mowing equipment in it) was wet last night but I can't tell how deep right now because I can't get to it. I didn't get in the house thankfully.

I am on my way across the street soon to see if it got in my parents furnace.

If you are looking for a shallow dive this morning my yard is available. :D

Chad

Yikes! Glad it didn't get in the house, sounds like you need to invest in some sandbags for the shed :wink: Hope everything dries out for you.
Ber :lilbunny:

It was a rough night; we are not out of the woods yet! The next band
this after noon is supposed to be stronger yet. From what I hear this
morning on the news, 64 is closed downtown both east and west bound.
I think they said there was 3' of water covering the roadway.
Several areas are being evacuated, get your plans and gear in order!
Best of luck Chad.

Sand bags won't help. It would have come up through the floor. I was suppose to go east to Whitesburg this morning for a family reunion but when I got up at 5 a.m. Monica and I thought better of it.

About 10 years ago this house got water in it but it just went through the utility room and out the garage. That would be bad now as the garage is full. :D

So no one is coming diving?

Chad

Here in Indiana, they are calling for 3" to 6" of rain south of I-70 through tonight which I suppose will be heading your way. You should be able to use your doubles by tomorrow night...

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Nitrox Junkie:
Here in Indiana, they are calling for 3" to 6" of rain south of I-70 through tonight which I suppose will be heading your way. You should be able to use your doubles by tomorrow night...

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

It's coming from us to you.....headed Northeast. We already got 6 1/4 inches since yesterday morning and they are calling for plenty more today and tonight....I wouldn't mind if they are wrong this time. :D

If it comes your way good luck and buckle down. The storms here weren't bad but the rain just never stopped.

Chad

ckharlan66:
It's coming from us to you.....headed Northeast. We already got 6 1/4 inches since yesterday morning and they are calling for plenty more today and tonight....I wouldn't mind if they are wrong this time. :D

If it comes your way good luck and buckle down. The storms here weren't bad but the rain just never stopped.

Chad

The storms are heading NorthEast, but the rain that falls will be running downhill (towards you).

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Is 64 really shut down?? My car blew a tire last night and is off the road on Grinstead. I need to go get it

ckharlan66:
Sand bags won't help. It would have come up through the floor.
Chad

You have a shed with a dirt floor where you store commercial mowing equipment? Oh wait, I forgot where you live :rofl3:

You need to move up here, we had a little bit of rain but I took the dog out for a run in the woods yesterday evening and only got a tiny bit of mud on my shoes even though our paths are dirt. (Now that I've said that I better start building an ark :D )
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom