story about California caves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pardon my possible ignorance....but he stated he was hired to film the u/w cave sequence for Journey into Amazing Caves....

I thought Wes Skiles did that.....???

It's a pretty amusing story actually...that website has a lot of good little dive stories on it.

Diver Lori:
Pardon my possible ignorance....but he stated he was hired to film the u/w cave sequence for Journey into Amazing Caves....

I thought Wes Skiles did that.....???
Is it possible that Skiles hired him to be part of the team led by Wes?

That's kinda what I was thinking...

I was talking to a California diver recently.

He had some interesting stories about diving some of those caves. I wasn't able to talk any sense into him and I'm afraid that his life expectancy is considerably shorter than he realizes or would like.

He's developed some interesting techniques for cave diving too. He carries at least 4 lights. I pointed out that three is plenty. His arguement was that having 4 allows him to provide a light to a buddy who doesn't have one. I suggested that he not go cave diving with divers who didn't carry lights. He's convinced that he has it covered by having 4 himself.

I urged him to always use a line (after trying to convince him to just stay out of course) so that at least some one else could benefit from his gear after he passed on. He argued that some of the divers he dives with would just get tangled in it.

Darwin in action :)

Wow, This is the sort of stuff that should be given to all new divers. I got sweaty palms just reading about the exit, and I am a regular cave diver.

You have to love the guys sense of humor though.

Yeah, his writing is pretty funny - I was grinning a few times as I read it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom