Strange noise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is a shame he only posted once, and never supplied further info. some of the wise cracks might have scared him off, but people were trying to help, and be humorous at the same time.

My Sherwood Blizzard regs always have a tiny bubble stream at the first stage. Part of their design, but it is so small it makes no sound.

A BCD will gurgle periodically if it is overfilled, such as with a stuck inflator valve, but I am sure he would have noticed such a problem.

Wish OP would return and update his post, so everyone could learn.

Sorry, I was on vacation and I promised myself that I would not use the computer or cell phone. My BC and reg are both Sherwood. Thanks for the reply.

Does it happen when you breathe on the surface for a few minutes? My second stage sometimes make a strange noise, I was told it is due to a diaphram flapping. It happens to me more on the surface than underwater.

I haven't noticed it on the surface.

I'm assuming your tank valve is open all the way? That can cause a screeching when your tank is low on operating pressure, but not really a boat prop sound.

Yes, open all the way. I check and then have the captain check me every time.

The OP hasn't been on since he posted his question. He hasn't even read the first reply.

Just another drive-by poster.

I'm here. I've been on vacation. I appreciate the help and suggestions everyone has offered.

Glad to see you've returned, many don't.

I'm more glad to see someone take a holiday and leave the cell and internet behind! Too many people don't know how to properly "get away."

I was diving with a group about a month ago and kept hearing this ringing/clanging metallic sound. The sound wasn't continuous like a boat motor, but happened with the frequency of a person's breathing rate, and the sound was coming from one of the divers' regulators. Later on the boat, we talked with that diver about his regulator.

Another diver who was an experienced regulator technician said that that particular regulator has a first stage spring which, if put in backwards, would make that ringing sound.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom