Strobe and lenses for A80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boca diver

Registered
Reaction score
I have the Canon A80 with WP-DC900, lovin' it. Can anyone recommend a tray/strobe for this setup. Also I have been unable to locate the adapter to purchase additional lenses for the housing: wide angle, macro, etc. I had found a product under construction about 6 months ago but have yet to find something usable!

thanks,

-Matt

Nope but I do own that adapter. The housing for my camera doesn't have threads on it to attach additional lenses. I need a tray (that would also be my means of attaching my strobe arm) that has the ability to hold the various lenses in place while shooting. I believe anyone using a Canon housing would need this?!!!

Anyone

:)

KrisB:

one possible issue with INON -- I just got the base grip, Z-arm and strobe.
Unfortunately the assembly instructions seem to be in Japanese only, and assembling based just on the pictures is a little less than obvious.

I emailed them to see if I can get something in English.

Also, Sea & Sea does sell an adapter for the Canon housings and wide angle and macro lenses that fit that adapter.

Go to www.seaandsea.com and look under Accessories - for digital cameras. It tells you the adapter is for the A20 or A40 housing, but I have it and it still fits the housing for the A80!!

Matt: For your canon A80...you need the DC900/50 canon housing if you don't have it yet...for adaptation of lenses you need to get the ADMount Base DC/900/50 from Inon for the price of $61.95 and if you want the wide angle lens also from Inon you need to get the UWL 105AD wide angle lens for $259. these are the one's that fit the A80. hope this helps.

KrisB:
DiverMo: that adapter is only good for above water use -- it doesn't fit inside the DC900 housing.

DOH!!!! I don't know what I was thinking! (note to self - engage brain before typing)

Hi Matt
Iv'e been using an Inon 180 strobe for about a year and have got excellent results, I
also use an Inon fisheye and closeup lens, these lenses are wet lens ie they can be
exchanged underwater. The closeup is stackable so you can add two or three together
to get extreme macro. All good value and well made. For a baseplate and arm I'm using
a modified Ikelite tray but again Inon make a good tray although I'm not too struck on
their arm. good luck with your choice. Alan

the inon tray/arm is pretty good value for money - light, comfortable to hold and not to expensive. Other cheap option would be a fisheye tray/arm, these have had great reports on here and quite a few people use them. Can get them from Yuzo in Japan - uwdigitalcamera.com

And I agree that the lenses and other Inon gear is great. D2000 strobes looks great for compact digicam users.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom