Strobe Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

starlan

Contributor
Reaction score
I just oredered the Fuji housing for my F30 which I have had for several months, though im not going diving anytime soon, sigh :-( Im still thinking of getting a strobe for when the time comes that I go on my next trip so that I have a system ready. Im thinking either the Inon D2000 or 2000S, the Ikelite DS51 or the new Sea & Sea YS-27DX or YS-25Auto. Any input please from experienced users here on any of these strobes?

I know the D2000 and YS25A have auto exposure, do I need this and is it useful or do most who use these strobes adjust power manualy, etc. Also, will all of these strobes work with the F30? I know Inon's setup does but not sure about the others. What other parts will I need, do all of these synch up with the chord that goes in front of the flash on my camera and senses when its fired? Sorry for the questions but I really dont know much about strobes so I would like some input from anyone. Is my price estimation correct, for example, say I buy the Inon D2000 (about $500), I then need to spend an additional 200-300 for the arms, chord and all parts needed? So about $800 for the whole Inon D2000 set). If anyone can help me out with this issue I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advnace.
Sinan

I'd contact Ryan & Richard at ryan@reefphoto.com Website www.reefphoto.com

Great guys - very helpful!

I would skip the Sea&Sea strobes unless maybe you look at the 90 - the others are just going to be underpowered and won't move with you as you change systems in the future.

Hi Sinan,

With your camera, Inon's S-TTL is a much more appropariate operating mode than the auto flash offered by the Sea & Sea YS-25, and is easier to use than the manual flash offered on the YS-27 strobe. I would suggest the D-2000 if you plan on upgrading to 2 strobes, or if you desire the built in aiming light.

You'll need a mount base, which serves as the attachment point for the optical cable, and also allows Inon's excellent wet changable lenses to be used.
ne_01352_0.jpg

Packaged with a ULCS tray & arms, this complete ready to dive package would cost $911.95 from our store.

Thanks for that info Ryan. Yes, I do think I am sold on the Inon setup over the Sea & Sea and the Ikelite. Looks like its the most flexible system and I can add Inon lenses with this setup and it seems it will work well if I upgrade my camera too. I appreciate your reply and I will make sure that when I do place my order before heading out on my next diving trip (not soon unfortunately) I will do so from Reef Photo as I have heard only great things about your company in this forum, so you can count on my business when the time comes for me to order the strobe. Thanks for your reply and the clarification.

Back
Top Bottom