strobes for ikelite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
the cost of ikelite's strobes r expensive, r there other TTL compactible strobes for
ikelite's housing? I ask Inon, n they said is not compactible.

sunkarm:
the cost of ikelite's strobes r expensive, r there other TTL compactible strobes for
ikelite's housing? I ask Inon, n they said is not compactible.
ike-lite, expensive, yes, you get what you pay for and they are one of the best!!! i havent heared of any others used in place with the ike housing, but i would think there is!!

You will onlt get TTL with Ike strobes when using an Ike housing. Ike strobes are expensive but should last you for a long time. If you upgrade down the road, your Ike strobes will still be useable and grow with you.

Inon and Sea & Sea also make good strobes. You can get TTL from the Inon's (Z240)via a Sea & Sea TTL Converter or a Heinreich / Weiskamp TTL Converter.

I always recommend not to scrimp on strobes. You definitely get what you pay for!

HTH,
Dave

yeah.. i wanna use Z240 but it's not ttl compactible to ike's housing. heinrech.weinkempsync cord possible to connect from ike's ttl housing to Z240?

i am using sp350 with ikelite's housing

Ikelite has some great strobes, Sea and Sea also makes a Digital strobe designed to go with different cameras and housing. Take a look at this one, just to give you a compareison
http://www.crazyscuba.com/pd_sea_and.cfm
Type in the word “blowout1” for equipment and the word “camera1” for cameras in to the “Discount Coupon” box located at the bottom of your shopping cart to see our Best Prices Ever.

Britt :fish:
:fish:

Crazyscuba,
u r right that sea n sea makes great dive strrobes. but the thing is that, what i am looking at is strobe that can use with the built in ttl ikelite housing. as far as i know is only ike's strobes that r compactible. i am very sure if Inon can make their strobes compactible like the ds strobes , they will be seeling alot as their prices r cheaper and lighter to carry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom