Stuck between two BCD's Cressi Sub or Aqua Lung?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NavyGuyAN

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I'm fairly new to diving I have about 15 dives under my belt and I'm stuck between which two BCD's I should purchase and was curious if anyone else had any thoughts, opinions, pros or cons about these two BCD's? And which would be better for me just starting out.
Thanks.

Cressi Sub Aquaride
Cressi Sub Aquaride BCD @ Divers-Supply.com

Aqua-Lung Pro QD
Pro QD

I have no experience with either one but the reviews given the Aqua-Lung Pro QD seem excellent. Probably wouldn't go wrong with either but I'd lean toward the Aqua-Lung.

Of course in a very short order folks are going to come on here and tell you to not buy either and go with a ...........you'll see.

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be limiting myself to choose between two BCDs.
I'd recommend trying out at least one BCD of each style: conventional jacket, rear-inflate, hybrid, and BP/W.
Figure out what works best for you, and what features are important.
Then decide on a purchase.

It would take a huge leap of faith to purchase a BCD without demoing it first in the water...or at the very least trying out the same style of BCD.

You might want to consider trying out a Scubapro BCD. The company has been around for a long time, makes excellent BCs, and has provided very good customer service over the years.

FWIW, I own an older Aqualung/Seaquest Pro QD+. It's a solid jacket-style BCD. Works great.

definitely see if you can try one on...owned the pro qd i3 and it is a great bcd. very comfy. only sold it to buy camera gear :(

Back
Top Bottom