Stuck on bc choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warm water only, mostly travel, BP wing config. Adjustable shoulder straps.
I’m stuck between the XDeep Zen and the Hollis ST elite. I’ve done tons of reading and get nowhere. Leaning to the Zen but dam, I’ll never need 40lbs of lift.
Im done with cold wafter, have no interest in tech that involves overhead environments.

Any new info from users would be much appreciated.
I highly recommend you look at the Sub Gravity Paragon single tank package. You have a choice of 3 stainless steel or 2 aluminum backplates, 4 wing sizes, 3 weight pocket sizes and 2 harness types. Their wings don't require a single tank adapter.
I have their 3 mm aluminum backplate, 26 lb wing and adjustable harness for down south diving. I love their adjustable harness, it's clean and simple and no plastic parts.

I dive with 3 or 4 kgs, you can't insert the weights without taking the Outlaw off unless you get someone else to do it for you. When diving from a RHIB I never take the weights out, in fact never take the weights no matter what boat I am using.

Just back from 25 dives in Thailand using a mix of RHIBs and larger dive boats and don think I once passed the weights up nor had to take the outlaw off before getting in the boat
Thanks. I was not able to reinsert the weight pockets myself in the water. Regarding removing your weights and BC prior to boarding, that was the accepted process for me in the Red Sea, Cocos, Galapagos, Revillagigidos, and Malpelo. I was wondering how easy this would be with the Outlaw, I have not tried it, as electively. I would not be able to reinsert them. I do most of my diving solo.

I highly recommend you look at the Sub Gravity Paragon single tank package. You have a choice of 3 stainless steel or 2 aluminum backplates, 4 wing sizes, 3 weight pocket sizes and 2 harness types. Their wings don't require a single tank adapter.
I have their 3 mm aluminum backplate, 26 lb wing and adjustable harness for down south diving. I love their adjustable harness, it's clean and simple and no plastic parts.

Is "paragon" a brand owned by Sub Gravity or a company on its own?

New one for me to look over, thanks!

Any issue with the butt dump being out there on the side? Can you reach it easily? I like the ghost except for that and the bag and shell being one piece. Small issues I’m sure but real world experience could change my mind
NO but I did add an extension dump handle from DGX

Thanks. I was not able to reinsert the weight pockets myself in the water. Regarding removing your weights and BC prior to boarding, that was the accepted process for me in the Red Sea, Cocos, Galapagos, Revillagigidos, and Malpelo. I was wondering how easy this would be with the Outlaw, I have not tried it, as electively. I would not be able to reinsert them. I do most of my diving solo.
Getting the weight pockets out is easy and taking the bcd off is also easy, particularly if you undo a clip on one of the shoulder straps

After much looking and reading we went with the HoG TBCS for a couple reasons. The Xdeep is just too expensive and that plate is going to swallow my little wife. The Sub-gravity went straight to the top of my list after a recommendation but fell off due to the lack of pivoting shoulder harness and chest strap, my wife is well endowed and she is going to need something to keep the straps across her and not get sucked under her arm pits. The Hog checked all the boxes and some I wasn’t looking for, I’ve got 60 days for return on it so we shall see how it goes.
Many thanks for all the input here.

Everyone is different when it comes to diving. There are great options for everyone. Check them all out. I absolutely love the Hydros Pro. It is very comfortable and it just works for my mission. Many people who dive them will say "Just get it." However you do have those who do not like it and had problems. I get it. There is always bad with good. IMHO the pros outweigh the cons. Just one divers thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom