Stuck on bc choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use an AL outlaw, warm water fun diving so why bother with all the bulk.
What do you mean? It looks to be on the same bulk level as the two I’m looking at. I wish ALhad more photos of it, it’s hard to tell what it is. Is it a small plastic tank mount like years past? Straps sewn to cover or direct to structure? I’m not a DIR fanatic at all but I’ve been using some of their practices since the mid 90’s.

What do you mean? It looks to be on the same bulk level as the two I’m looking at. I wish ALhad more photos of it, it’s hard to tell what it is. Is it a small plastic tank mount like years past? Straps sewn to cover or direct to structure? I’m not a DIR fanatic at all but I’ve been using some of their practices since the mid 90’s.
Comes apart easily to pack for travel, snap back together in a few minuets just a super simple system for travel and since people couldn’t handle the concept and want a bunch of bulk and excessive lift you can find one at close out prices.

I use the smaller trim pockets.
You must use 10 lbs or less, you like the stability?
I use the detachable weight pockets and have almost perfect trim
How much weight do you use? Have you used your Outlaw when diving from a RHIB, taking your weights out and handing them up? Have you inserted/reinserted the weight pockets while in the water?

How much weight do you use? Have you used your Outlaw when diving from a RHIB, taking your weights out and handing them up? Have you inserted/reinserted the weight pockets while in the water?
I dive with 3 or 4 kgs, you can't insert the weights without taking the Outlaw off unless you get someone else to do it for you. When diving from a RHIB I never take the weights out, in fact never take the weights no matter what boat I am using.

Just back from 25 dives in Thailand using a mix of RHIBs and larger dive boats and don think I once passed the weights up nor had to take the outlaw off before getting in the boat

This is the freedom unit, warm water, 1mm suit or at most i double the 1mm with a second but mostly rash guard type diving, I use 6 to 10 lbs depending and if the ocean is more active I may add two to the tank strap because after 90 minutes the Al 80 can get a bit floaty.

This is the freedom unit, warm water, 1mm suit or at most i double the 1mm with a second but mostly rash guard type diving, I use 6 to 10 lbs depending and if the ocean is more active I may add two to the tank strap because after 90 minutes the Al 80 can get a bit floaty.
Thanks. Do you ever feel rolly with all the weight in the back?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom