stupid diver tricks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeFlaneur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just wondering. What is stupiddivertricks.com?

Are they affiliated with any particular organization?

I linked to their site from a dive shop's web page. Basically it seems like good advice, presented in a condescending tone that promotes an us vs. them mentality.

One of the first things you read is the slogan: ignorance can be educated but stupid is forever. Then you get to read all about stupid people. Not ignorant people, stupid people... who will, apparently, always remain stupid.

Again, the info seems solid, but what's the point of the attitude? I never knew diving was such a competitive sport.

LeFlaneur:
Just wondering. What is stupiddivertricks.com?

Are they affiliated with any particular organization?

I linked to their site from a dive shop's web page. Basically it seems like good advice, presented in a condescending tone that promotes an us vs. them mentality.

One of the first things you read is the slogan: ignorance can be educated but stupid is forever. Then you get to read all about stupid people. Not ignorant people, stupid people... who will, apparently, always remain stupid.

Again, the info seems solid, but what's the point of the attitude? I never knew diving was such a competitive sport.

I like it !!!

And I quote from the website ..

Diving is not for everyone — and not everyone can learn to dive at the same pace.
You are going to have students to whom you will need to say, “I’m sorry, but diving is not for you.”

Of course, whe I say things like that I am almost blacklisted from SB.

Stupid divers are underwater rototillers. They farm the reef, harrass the livestock, and generally piss me off. Now if they want to learn, they upgrade from stupid to ignorant. If they succeed in learning and practice what they've been taught, they upgrade from ignorant to buddy.

mempilot:
Now if they want to learn, they upgrade from stupid to ignorant. If they succeed in learning and practice what they've been taught, they upgrade from ignorant to buddy.

Stupid is forever. You can't upgrade.

The following is a quote from www.stupiddiverstricks and in no way bears any relation to my personal feelings. It is in defense of minimum pricing policies:

Life-support equipment such as regulators, BCs and dive computers depends on regular maintenance in order to operate safely. By forcing dealers to make enough money so that they can actually afford to stay in business, manufacturers help ensure that there will be somebody around in years to come to provide customers with the necessary after-sales service.

All this time I thought it was greed!!!! Maybe we need some sort of charitable orginization for LDS's that discount gear, you know, sort of to save them from their own stupidity.

Green_Manelishi:
Diving is not for everyone — and not everyone can learn to dive at the same pace.
You are going to have students to whom you will need to say, “I’m sorry, but diving is not for you.”

QUOTE]

Okay.. I like that too. I just get annoyed by the stereotyping.

I read a couple of the "articles" and this site seems to be nothing more than an attempt to bash internet sales. This is an LDS trying to justify charging much higher proces than discount stores.

Info regarding the site owners..............I know it's black, just click the pic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom