Stupid mistake-Puck and Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The developer for MacDive is great. If you have any questions about using his software, don't hesitate to fire off an email. He's very accessible and always helpful.

FWIW, I own the Sensus Ultra dive logger and love it. It works very well with MacDive. Since the default setting is a 10 second sampling interval, the dive profiles have a very nice resolution when downloaded to MacDive.

I'm glad that things worked out, Lisa. Enjoy...

I don't have the Mares Puck, but I am a Mac user who is familiar with MacDive.

I think you downloaded/installed the wrong driver. You installed CP2102. The MacDive website recommends installing the CP210x driver.

Try the following:
  1. Make sure that you are using the official Mares DRAK USB interface.
  2. Download and install the CP210x VCP Mac OSX Driver. There's a pull-down menu under the "Software Downloads" section on the righthand side of
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Ensure that your computer is recognizing the download cable by opening "System Profiler" (located in the Utilities folder) and select Hardware/USB. When the cable is plugged into one of your USB ports, the cable should appear as "CP210x cable" or "Silicon Labs USB to UART bridge."
  5. Load up MacDive, connect your dive computer, make sure that the dive computer is switched to the proper "download" setting, and then attempt to download your dives.

Bear in mind that I do not have your computer and Mares puck to try this out. I suspect that after you install the proper driver...it will just work.

Good luck and let us know how it goes...
Hi
I have a Mares Nemo Air computer. I have followed all of your instructions BubbleTrubble. The driver appears in my System Profiler but when I connect and import data from my Nemo to MacDive, it still comes up as "error contacting dive computer"
Any help is appreciated

Hi
I have a Mares Nemo Air computer. I have followed all of your instructions BubbleTrubble. The driver appears in my System Profiler but when I connect and import data from my Nemo to MacDive, it still comes up as "error contacting dive computer"
Any help is appreciated
Some dive computers have to be set to a "data transmitting" state before the computer permits the download. I don't have the Mares Nemo Air, so I don't know if that's the case. On my Suunto computers, I have to enter the "TR - PC" setting in order to carry out the download. On the Mares, I think that you have to enter "PC Link" mode. The "error contacting dive computer" implies that either a connection is loose or the dive computer is not set to "transmit" mode.

Things to check:
  1. Is the download cable connected to both your Mac and the dive computer?
  2. Do you have the proper drak cable?
  3. Did you install the appropriate driver?
  4. Did you restart your computer after driver installation?

I believe that the Mares dive software is PC only. In order to troubleshoot whether the cable and the computer are functioning properly, you should see if you can get things to work on a PC first. Then move to the Mac OS.

Good luck...

Hi
Thanks for the response.
I had done all the checks you provided

I got on a bit of a mission to figure out the problem.

Got hold of Nick (MAcDive), tried various fixes including sending me a couple of apps to kickstart the Nemo Air.
In the end it still could not read and he says in the next upgrade, he may be able to include the AIR,
I was able to send him, the Data Logs with errors.
Hope it happens, I like the MACDIVE Inerface.

Again, Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom