Subframe masks leaking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocCarl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I have been using Atomic's regulators, masks, fins and now computer for the past several years and have been very pleased. Unfortunately, we're noticing some problems with a couple of our sub frame masks. Both are leaking from either where the glass meets the colored frame or where the frame meets the silicone. All of our masks have less than 100 dives on them, and are religiously rinsed after every dive.

Any idea what the problem could be? What are our options to get this repaired?

Carl

Hello Carl....Sorry to hear about your issues with the SubFrames. I have seen a few instances where the skirt is actually separating away from the frame on either side of the mask. I would recommend taking them into your Atomic dealer and having one of the sales staff look at them closer. If this is the issue, they can send them back to use for a warranty replacement/repair. If you do not have a dealer close to you, feel free to give me a call at 714-375-1433 and I can help you get the warranty process started. Thanks Carl.

Ryan Kenney
Atomic Aquatics

I had the same thing happen to my Subframe mask, and no questions ask replacement.

Follow up:

Atomic Aquatics' customer service is too notch. They replaced both masks with new frameless masks for my wife and I, no questions asked.

To anyone who finds this thread while researching a mask purchase: don't hesitate to snag an Atomic Aquatics frameless mask. The field of vision is unparalleled! The low profile design has the lens so close to your face, it's almost like wearing no mask at all!

We've both put about a dozen dives on our new ones, and they have get to leak a drop.

That's why there will always be 4 Atomic masks in our dive gear!

Carl

Great mask, but I had the leaky version as well. Did not use it past my first try in Moorea. After that, it was back to my old what ever the heck brand it is mask. Hopefully, there will not be any issues in Bonaire.

Hello, I have a subframe black & yellow that's has the same problem. Began leaking A LOT during my last dive. It sure ruined it.
I just got in touch with Joe from scubatoys and he said atomic is replacing the Venoms and not the subframes.
From what I see in this thread, atomic is replacing my subframe too, right?
I'd want it replaced for a frameless this time.
What's the procedure on that?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom