subpro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am willing to bet the only reg. your dive shop thinks is acceptable is the make and model they are sellling.
On this board we debate the fine intricacies of regulators i.e. cracking presssures, venturi effects, free flow tendencies. The differnece in my mind between a decent reg. and a high performance one is like the differnece between a Ford and a Porsche.
Most regs. today are acceptable, some are good and some are outstanding. Most deliver gas in a reliable, consistent fashion-the higher end models just can do it at a deeper depth or shallower depth, worse environment, on less gas pressure, or in a weird position(upside down).
Most divers on this board spend A LOT of money on their equipment-but that doesn't mean you have to in order to get a safe, reliable regulator. I used a "Blue Reef" reg. from LeisurePro for years. It was not the most comfortable or pleasant thing to breathe out of.....but it worked-and it never failed in spite of my lack of attention to it's care and maintenance(not recommended).

Mike

as a shop owner i can only say that is not smart to cut down other products as said earlier all regs are reliable some are just better in different conditions. a good salesman would have taken the time to explain the benefits or strengths of their lines and the service aspect of their products.

I have been in sales in a number of different businesses in the past and Fred K. is right. If your product is better you tell someone about it-the product stands on its own merit. If you are a bad sales person or the product is no different then you bad mouth the competition-looks bad in the buyers eyes either way.

Mike

If it breaths good enough for you and the price is right who cares what the dive shop opinion was? As long as it works and you can get it serviced I wouldn't care.

Scott

Ok...how good IS subpro?

I know nothing about the line, so any info would be helpful. It might give my shop another option.

Where are they based?

Originally posted by scubabunny
Ok...how good IS subpro?

I know nothing about the line, so any info would be helpful. It might give my shop another option.

Where are they based?

AVALON 2ND STAGE WITH SPORT FIRST STAGE

The Sport is an economy piston first stage offering a rugged, dependable regulator for the sport diver. Delivering 1400 ltm and features one 7/16" HP port, three 3/8" LP ports and is made of triple chrome plated marine grade brass. This unit has become the instructional and rental choice of dive centers.

ProSub USA
2807 Peddler Lane West * Kerrville * Texas 78028 * USA
Tel. (830)257-0022 * Fax (830)257-3720

It's ProSub.

Never tried one of their regs.
But, I have owned several of the products listed in their catalog. (Mask, lights, gloves etc)
In my opinion, it's low quality stuff. At first glance it looks good.
But, after a dive or two it either breaks or falls apart.
In life support equipment, quality does not cost, it pays.
Just my 2 cents.

Dive Safe,
Vettster
:wink:

Here is ProSub's website:

http://www.prosub.com/

The Avalon Sport delivers 1400 liters per minute (lpm) but the Avalon with a DLX-IV balanced-diaphragm first stage delivers 2400 lpm. That's pretty darned good and puts it among high-end regulators. I'd like to try one out. Most regulator manufacturers will tell you how good their regulator is but won't tell you the air volume discharge rate that it is capable of. Look at the Scubapro site, for example, and their description of the MK-25. It doesn't say what air volume that first stage will deliver:

http://www.scubapro.com/products/regulators/first_stages/mk25/mk25.asp

You go, ProSub!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom