Suggestions for DEMA organizers for a better show!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's funny I thought the main REASON manufactures like my self paid for this type of show was for the purpose of meeting retail buyers, not give them something to do in between seminars, if they even had the time. You see from my stand point is that many of the manufactures that I saw got very little attention from retailers, they never got a chance. Do you think that's right? I was suggesting on how we can correct a problem that is real and is currently affecting manufacturers. Manufacturers paid out the majority of the proceeds to support this show why should they take a back seat to the importance of the show. Its just simply not very effective in my view. It looks like this winding path needs to be straightened out a bit.

Yes, I'm sure that's how it was sold to you, but no, it isn't for you (an innovative product) or me (a travel destination) at all. It's for instructors to attend seminars. If you wanted folks to see your product, you wouldn't have an instructor/professional only show, and allow absolutely no gross sales on the show floor. You'd allow everyone in to see your product, and you'd be allowed to bring a million GoPro widgets to sell at the show.

Perhaps a consumer show would be more effective for you. I deal with far more store owners at the regional shows than I do at DEMA. But didn't I say that on the first page?

Yes, I'm sure that's how it was sold to you, but no, it isn't for you (an innovative product) or me (a travel destination) at all. It's for instructors to attend seminars. If you wanted folks to see your product, you wouldn't have an instructor/professional only show, and allow absolutely no gross sales on the show floor. You'd allow everyone in to see your product, and you'd be allowed to bring a million GoPro widgets to sell at the show.

Perhaps a consumer show would be more effective for you. I deal with far more store owners at the regional shows than I do at DEMA. But didn't I say that on the first page?

I think I got the drift on this now, thanks for all the inputs. I don't think I will invest time to try to change this show, although I will do the survey. I will
say this, it is a foolish approach DEMA is taking on behalf of manufacturers. They should be more considerate toward their needs and understand why they are paying so much to exhibit at this show. This will with out a doubt leave other manufacturing supporters no choice but not to participate in future shows. As a consequence they will have to raise the admission prices to attendees in order to pay for those seminars. Hence the show can lose appeal, and eventually make space for a more effective show for manufactures.

Reactions: RJP
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom