Suggestions for DEMA organizers for a better show!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2a Have more places for small meetings/discussions. Maybe a "20 min. meeting cubicle", if I see someone I need to talk to I can have a quick talk with. There was no place to sit away from the food areas. Foster networking...

At one point I passed a whole row of small cubes, each with two chairs and a table.

---------- Post added December 12th, 2014 at 04:01 PM ----------

4)Now this is the main area where DEMA can make changes. It not that difficult and it will only help to put the show back on track. The Buyers are very interested on seeing what new and DEMA should be responsible for approving what goes in to the new products show case, As you mentioned it should be centered at the show where most of the traffic will be going through. It only makes sense doing it this way. The retailers will appreciate this step forward and so will the manufacturers. It is a win situation all the way through.

Thanks for giving us your points of view.

I'm not meaning to pick on new/innovative products... but which company/organization paying tens of thousands of dollars for prime center-stage boothspace - and spent years earning enough seniority points to get that space - do you suggest booting out to make way for pink masks and DiveRite's resurrection of their 905 drysuit?

At even the lowest price-level, for instance AUP's exhibit space cost them $50,000. But your suggestion is to move them out of the way for a dozen or so companies each paying $145 to put their products in the "new product" space? Or are you thinking that you'd up the cost to display a product in the new product space to $2500 or so? Do you think anyone would put their product in there for that?

Putting the new-product show-case in the middle of the floor is a wonderful idealistic notion... it's just completely unrealistic.

And oh yeah, the food sucked!

Gesus, fried everything or crappy old salad.

We finally walked around to the other hall where they had fresh pizza and Nathan's hot dogs and all sorts of great things.

Reactions: RJP
And oh yeah, the food sucked!

Gesus, fried everything or crappy old salad.

We finally walked around to the other hall where they had fresh pizza and Nathan's hot dogs and all sorts of great things.

The food was beyond sucked, as was the beer. Divers drink craft beer as well as Miller Light.

At one point I passed a whole row of small cubes, each with two chairs and a table.

---------- Post added December 12th, 2014 at 04:01 PM ----------

I understand your concern in regards to the other spaces which obviously pay a premium for that area. But ultimately their will have to be some concessions from both parties to make this happen. With out a doubt the new products show case needs to be rethought and a solution for this should be important

I'm not meaning to pick on new/innovative products... but which company/organization paying tens of thousands of dollars for prime center-stage boothspace - and spent years earning enough seniority points to get that space - do you suggest booting out to make way for pink masks and DiveRite's resurrection of their 905 drysuit?

At even the lowest price-level, for instance AUP's exhibit space cost them $50,000. But your suggestion is to move them out of the way for a dozen or so companies each paying $145 to put their products in the "new product" space? Or are you thinking that you'd up the cost to display a product in the new product space to $2500 or so? Do you think anyone would put their product in there for that?

Putting the new-product show-case in the middle of the floor is a wonderful idealistic notion... it's just completely unrealistic.

I understand your concern about the other spaces which obviously pay a premium for being in that area. But ultimately concessions will have to be made by both parties.We are in agreement that the new product show case is not very effective, and that most buyers are their to see new products.
Though some new items may not be revolutionary or break through items, there are still important upgrades and additions to existing product lines that retail buyers will be interested in. The new product show case is there to serve a very important purpose:

To help retail buyers have a glimpse of new products certain manufactures want to display. The manufacturer goal should be to impress the retail buyer with their new product display. The retail buyer if impressed or curious will visit the booth and inquire more info on this and other products. That is how I think it should work. You see the manufacturer knows exactly what he wants to show off, the retailer just wants to be able to quickly have a look at this
new product and determine if he wants to pursue looking into it further.

Here is how I think the space for the new product show case can be paid for and actually implemented in either the front center area or other visible location, which is heck of a lot better than the far right bottom corner.

Out of a 10x10 booth area you can get 4 display areas. 2 on one side and 2 on the other. Each space being 5x5. If the display price was raised to about 400 to 500 per space the cost of the booth would be met.
this plus a slightly higher admission, would more than compensate the cost of the new products display area. No one wants to boot out anybody. Its merely a remodeling job.

The new product show case should be the CENTER PIECE of the DEMA show, not the laughing point of the DEMA show. I did not pay to have my products in the new products show case, because it was a waste of money even at 195.00. But I would pay more if it were available in a more reasonably visible area especially if they took a bold move and moved it to the center of the show floor.

I seem to recall drinking Bud Lite on your boat Frank... ;-)

I seem to recall drinking Bud Lite on your boat Frank... ;-)

But there was premium beer also. Those who want Bud Light can have it. Those who want something else are catered to also.

But there was premium beer also. Those who want Bud Light can have it. Those who want something else are catered to also.

OK. that confirms it for me , free premuim beer (Karl Strauss or better) for all those stopping at my booth at the next show!!!

OK. that confirms it for me , free premuim beer (Karl Strauss or better) for all those stopping at my booth at the next show!!!

You're not allowed tp do that unless you pay the catering company and dema to do it. That never stopped me...but it is their rule

You'll have to sneak it in, or pay the show company $600 a keg, plus $125 an hour for the staff to pour it.

This isn't all of our first rodeo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom