Suit filed in case of "Girl dead, boy injured at Glacier National Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s a bit strange to self certify: I am not an instructor but how can you guarantee that the person meet the standards or able to teach to a certain standard?
No guarantee. If I remember correctly it is 20 like logged dives and pay a fee. Here's your instructor card.

no criminal charges in this case

SNOW.jpg

I have only seen one side of the story...the narrative written by the plaintiff's attorney. The complaint may be 100% accurate or it may present some "facts" which are actually only beliefs or opinions. What I have not seen is the response from the defendants to each item. Might the possibility exist that the AUSA has actually spoken to the instructor and made a judgement to not press criminal charges based on some information that we don't know about since we currently only have one side of the story?

I think it would help the plaintiff's civil case if the instructor was prosecuted of a criminal charge, so I suspect this action by the AUSA might be seen as a setback to the plaintiff's case.

It was always going to be civil. DOJ does not take cases on they can’t win for certain. Too much wiggle room in a criminally negligent homicide case in a hazardous activity…the pattern jury instructions would likely make conviction an uphill battle…

It was always going to be civil. DOJ does not take cases on they can’t win for certain. Too much wiggle room in a criminally negligent homicide case in a hazardous activity…the pattern jury instructions would likely make conviction an uphill battle…
So you’re saying there might be some truth to this joke? “Why did the AUSA look out the window in the afternoon? Because if she looked out in the morning she wouldn’t have had anything to do the rest of the day.”

So you’re saying there might be some truth to this joke? “Why did the AUSA look out the window in the afternoon? Because if she looked out in the morning she wouldn’t have had anything to do the rest of the day.”

Not a joke… an axiom…

Not a joke… an axiom…
Yeah, it must be sweet to be a federal prosecutor and be able to cherry pick the cases you want, and then use the federal sentencing guidelines to terrorize defendants into cooperating.

Did you hear about the special agent who called an ASUA to complain about his case being declined, and the secretary told him the prosecutor had just died? He expressed his sympathy to her, and hung up. But the next day, he called again. She didn’t understand that, and reminded him that she’d told him the day before that the prosecutor had died. He hung up, but the following day called again. Now she was exasperated. She asked him how it was that he didn’t understand her when she said the AUSA was dead? He said he understood it just fine, he just liked hearing her say it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom