Sunscape Sabor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm fairly certain that the Secrets/Dreams/Sunscape pier got wiped out not that long ago from a 'cane. We have no issue paying a reasonable use fee per day. Seems fair when you choose, like we always do, not to use the in house dive op. Now, when Palace started charging $25 / day, per diver, that went waaaaaay too far. Fortunately, so many regulars and Diamond Club members complained they dropped it PDQ.

140 pesos for both of us at the Occidental. They only asked for the fee twice out of six uses though. The Bouncer wasn’t there all the time :)

I'm fairly certain that the Secrets/Dreams/Sunscape pier got wiped out not that long ago from a 'cane. We have no issue paying a reasonable use fee per day. Seems fair when you choose, like we always do, not to use the in house dive op. Now, when Palace started charging $25 / day, per diver, that went waaaaaay too far. Fortunately, so many regulars and Diamond Club members complained they dropped it PDQ.

You are absolutely correct. It was wiped out a couple of years ago and then they started charging after they rebuilt it. I certainly understand the logic of charging for something you just had to rebuild and will likely need to rebuild again some day, but in general I hate being nickeled and dimed by resorts that are charging a few hundred dollars a night.

It is unlikely I will stay there so certainly not my problem, but that is the background.

They actually started charging to use the pier before it was wiped out. I think it was $2-3 to use the old pier. I liked the old one better as it was mush easier to enter and exit the boat. The new one sits up much higher; lacking steps or stairs, much more challenging exiting especially for someone 5'3".

They actually started charging to use the pier before it was wiped out. I think it was $2-3 to use the old pier. I liked the old one better as it was mush easier to enter and exit the boat. The new one sits up much higher; lacking steps or stairs, much more challenging exiting especially for someone 5'3".
They likely built it back a little higher and stronger. The closer a pier is to the ocean the more likely it is to get destroyed by waves in a storm. I knew exactly how much this one cost but I forget.

I just wish our favorite resort would fix their $#!^ and get their pier accessible again. It's a total PITA to have to go to the marina when there's a perfectly good pier out front that no one is allowed to use!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom