Sunscape Sabor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I happened to see some news related to this a couple of days ago. From what I understand the Secrets, Dreams and Sunscape properties in the Americas become part of Hyatt on May 9th (except for Cancun which started as Hyatt this week ). I think some of the construction may technically be at the neighboring Dreams resort based on internet press. Their construction schedule had always seemed pretty aggressive (think at one point they were targeting about now), so the July target @JFS had heard certainly seems more reasonable

[https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/landing/new-brands.html]

[Hyatt Is Opening a New All-Inclusive Resort in Cozumel - Caribbean Journal]

About half of what used to be Sabor is going to be Dreams. I booked for May at Sabor before I had the whole story. I had them send me the new map. You can compare it to the old map from my last stay.

Attachments

• old sabor.jpg
    old sabor.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 49
  • SUNSCAPE MAP.png
    SUNSCAPE MAP.png
    172 KB · Views: 53
The section to the north of the property (larger buildings) was the timeshare studio's, 1 or 2 bedroom units. For the previous 2 years they updated the Sabor hotel rooms. Now they are completely renovating the condo buildings and that area will be the new Dreams resort. Original completion was to be March1, then changed to April 1. I was there in Feb. and construction was no where near 90 days completion. Construction workers said more like Oct completion, which I may agree with.

Reactions: JFS
I'm wondering if anyone has been to Sunscape recently? I'll keep searching trip reports, but just in case anyone looks here ... :)

Just to clearify, 1/2 of Sunscape was demonstrated to build new Dreams resort. Sunscape is the same.

I'm wondering if anyone has been to Sunscape recently? I'll keep searching trip reports, but just in case anyone looks here ... :)
Hey Kimela. I was last at Sunscape in Sept 2022. I stay there 2-3 times each year . I find it to be a good value for an AI. It has a great beach (but water shoes needed for entry). I find the food to be acceptable but I’m not a foodie & I like the convenience of AI & short boat ride to reefs. The staff is great. Sunscape rooms were updated about 2-3 years ago so are in pretty good shape. Rooms have either 2 doubles or a few have 1 king. Recent renovation discussed was on the now “Dreams” section - too expensive for me. I dive with Dive Palancar but any Op can pick you up at Secrets pier. Feel free to PM me if you want more info. I’ll be there in January hoping to see some Eagle rays. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom